Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Where to buy FHP Decal package (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3108)

1991SSP 01-02-2011 09:08 PM

Where to buy FHP Decal package

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a FHP decal package for my car?? I also want the correct roof #'s as well.

ImEvil1 01-02-2011 10:33 PM

MSquad sells them, but they are pretty steep price-wise.

mbe2598 01-03-2011 01:44 PM

Email me at mbe2598@aol.com

Copcamaro & I have a dealer in Jefferson City, Mo. who made ours, has the art work and is half the price of M Squad. They can also have them cut the day of order and shipped that day. None of the crap of M Squad. Your welcome to look at pictures of my FHP 0381 and CopCamaros Car for the decals. They can easily cut your roof decals for you. Im not a fan of M-Squad and think they have crappy Florida Decals.

GSPI 03-27-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbe2598 (Post 23272)
Email me at mbe2598@aol.com

Copcamaro & I have a dealer in Jefferson City, Mo. who made ours, has the art work and is half the price of M Squad. They can also have them cut the day of order and shipped that day. None of the crap of M Squad. Your welcome to look at pictures of my FHP 0381 and CopCamaros Car for the decals. They can easily cut your roof decals for you. Im not a fan of M-Squad and think they have crappy Florida Decals.

Sorry to be late on this one and rehash this as I feel this is not an accurate assessment of M-Squad. I've not had any issue with M-Squad decals for all my squad restorations. I've actually seen the FHP decals that M-Squad makes and there seems to be no issue as they are derived from the originals. I have to wonder if the decals that you refer to are the ones that are from other copies of M-Squad decals made in Missouri?

ImEvil1 03-27-2011 04:51 PM

I've never heard complaints about the quality from MSquad...only the prices. I did some repop FHP decals awhile back of half-way decent quality. I think they were $50 a set. No comparison to screen-printed originals, but decent nonetheless.

mbe2598 03-27-2011 08:34 PM

as a customer of M-Squad

No I speak as a very dissatisfied customer. M-Squad took me for $350.00 bucks three years ago, gave me a crappy set of magnetic FHP decals that did not fit. Would not return calls, would not answer emails etc etc etc. As I showed the car at shows, many on this site & org saw those crappy decals and gave very negative comments. I knew nothing of M-Squad and took the advise from members who had used them for their projects.

It took the guy three months after having my money, only call I ever got why it took so long was that his wife had a child. I had to threaten to either make the decals or send my money back.

Those decals have now been sold to another member & I am very happy with the quality of what the sign company did in Jeff City, Mo for $ 125.00 total.

Again you are the consumer, do as you wish.....Sam Walton said it best...The consumer will hire or fire you simply by spending your money elsewhere.

ImEvil1 03-27-2011 09:05 PM

You paid $350??? WOW! I didn't pay that much for the last set of original FHP decals that I bought.

Definitely pricey.

NoDrama43 03-27-2011 10:13 PM

I agree that is a pretty good lick for some decals. Especially since they already have the artwork in place to do it.

I have someone working on building a set of Michigan State Police decals for my 89 and 92. I could use the ones from M-Squad which I have seen and they look pretty good, but the ones they sell are not the correct decal for my older cars. I am hoping to get a couple of sets that are closer to the ones that were on my cars in service.

My FHP decals are the repops Mike had made. They are not exact, but they are acceptable (to me anyway).

GSPI 03-27-2011 11:48 PM

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them. I can't say that I've ever had a bad experience with M-Squad and I've got three different vehicles that I've done so far with excellent success.

I'll have to take it up with M-Squad about this though as it is troubling to hear this occurring. Thanks for the input.

GSPI 03-28-2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbe2598 (Post 24442)
No I speak as a very dissatisfied customer. M-Squad took me for $350.00 bucks three years ago, gave me a crappy set of magnetic FHP decals that did not fit. Would not return calls, would not answer emails etc etc etc. As I showed the car at shows, many on this site & org saw those crappy decals and gave very negative comments. I knew nothing of M-Squad and took the advise from members who had used them for their projects.

It took the guy three months after having my money, only call I ever got why it took so long was that his wife had a child. I had to threaten to either make the decals or send my money back.

Those decals have now been sold to another member & I am very happy with the quality of what the sign company did in Jeff City, Mo for $ 125.00 total.

Again you are the consumer, do as you wish.....Sam Walton said it best...The consumer will hire or fire you simply by spending your money elsewhere.

I guess I got the real "rest of the story" now "Sam". I fully understand the situation now and will continue the use of M-Squad decals and will stand by their quality. Thanks.

ImEvil1 03-28-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSPI (Post 24446)
I guess I got the real "rest of the story" now "Sam". I fully understand the situation now and will continue the use of M-Squad decals and will stand by their quality. Thanks.

Anything you can share?

GSPI 03-28-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 24447)
Anything you can share?

Yes I can but off the board as I can tell this will cause a major rift here.

FYI M-Squad's wife hasn't had a kid in 18 years...

ImEvil1 03-28-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSPI (Post 24448)
Yes I can but off the board as I can tell this will cause a major rift here.

FYI M-Squad's wife hasn't had a kid in 18 years...

No prob....no rift here, we are all about getting the facts out. PM me if you'd prefer.

GSPI 03-28-2011 01:19 AM

PM Sent.

mustangretriever 03-28-2011 03:09 PM

I personally saw mbe2598's (Jim) FHP decals that M-Squad did and they were horrible. I cannot imagine why they would not work with him to either replace them or refund his money.

GSPI 03-28-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangretriever (Post 24451)
I personally saw mbe2598's (Jim) FHP decals that M-Squad did and they were horrible. I cannot imagine why they would not work with him to either replace them or refund his money.

M-Squad works with many people. If there is a problem they take care of it. I have to say that I've had bad decals made by others and there is a distinct difference in quality by M-Squad. Decal vinyl is expensive to use so there is a price to be paid no matter what. I've had to pay for expensive local decals that didn't cut the muster and then when I went with M-Squad, I got a significantly better product which happened to cost the same. Go figure. I don't know what happened there in MO but whatever it was there is definitely a communication issue going on there no offense. I've seen the FHP decals that M-Squad has produced as well as CHP, LAPD, LSP, Maryland SP, Cleveland PD, Clarkstown NY PD, Chicago PD, MOHP, NYPD, NYSP and many countless others... I'm really concerned that you are looking at the wrong decals and you are being taken for a ride there.

mustangretriever 03-30-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSPI (Post 24453)
I'm really concerned that you are looking at the wrong decals and you are being taken for a ride there.

Huh?? They're not my decals. I was just stating a fact that I saw the decals that were purchased from M-Squad and in THIS instance they were not of good quality.

GSPI 03-30-2011 10:45 AM

I think you need to reread what I typed there retriever. I never said they were yours. I know who's they were and what the story is behind them. I guess I simply have to say that I'm having a tough time believing what you are saying and what you saw as there was a bad set that Mr. D got before M-Squad made the decal set. It seems that there is a major attempt underway in MO to copy the artwork of M-Squad on many of collector's parts that was done and is being pirated out there - I've seen it. The accuracy of M-Squad's decals are excellent and have had many hours of time put into them to make sure that they are accurate and if a problem exists, they take care of it. I find it troubling when someone (and his "posse") makes attacks of this nature in the ether and has only had minimal contact with a vendor.

You have a choice in the matter of what you do with your restorations. Accuracy is important and it seems that Mr. D's attempts at trying to get away cheap has backfired on more than one occasion and was simply trying to save face in this particular incident.

Good luck with your campaign against M-Squad but those of us that know what the real deal is know what the story really is about.

copcamaro 03-30-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSPI (Post 24470)
I think you need to reread what I typed there retriever. I never said they were yours. I know who's they were and what the story is behind them. I guess I simply have to say that I'm having a tough time believing what you are saying and what you saw as there was a bad set that Mr. D got before M-Squad made the decal set. It seems that there is a major attempt underway in MO to copy the artwork of M-Squad on many of collector's parts that was done and is being pirated out there - I've seen it. The accuracy of M-Squad's decals are excellent and have had many hours of time put into them to make sure that they are accurate and if a problem exists, they take care of it. I find it troubling when someone (and his "posse") makes attacks of this nature in the ether and has only had minimal contact with a vendor.

You have a choice in the matter of what you do with your restorations. Accuracy is important and it seems that Mr. D's attempts at trying to get away cheap has backfired on more than one occasion and was simply trying to save face in this particular incident.

Good luck with your campaign against M-Squad but those of us that know what the real deal is know what the story really is about.

It may SEEM to you that there is a major attempt underway in MO. to copy M-Squads artwork, BUT I STOOD there at the MO. guys computer as he did mine from scratch.
He did NOT use that M-squad decal, THIS I KNOW cause I was there.
He made mine first, before he did Jim's and I did NOT have and decals for him to copy.
Saying that it SEEMS that Mr. D's attemps at trying to get away cheap and has backfired, is a very ungentlemanly statement. All your statements in above post start with IT SEEMS. However, I KNOW!!!!! What I said is true.
I personally Know the problems Mr. D had, and all he wanted was to get a set so he could show his vehicle.
I know of another fellow in Ca. who had problem with M-squad. He is very happy with his MO. decals.
Buy where you want, but it looks like if someone doesn't go with several of you folks opinion, they get ripped.
I KNOW

GSPI 03-30-2011 11:26 AM

Facts surface. You attacked, I rebutted, someone else attacked again, you are now crying foul about it. Ungentlemanly? Unlikely. You don't know me and quite frankly I seem to know more about you than you care to admit.

Very simply put, I'm responding to your comments and you are upset. Sorry that I upset you but I'm not worried about it. I know what the facts are.

I have been at this for a lot longer than you with far more difficult projects and I know the games that are out there.

copcamaro 03-30-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSPI (Post 24472)
Facts surface. You attacked, I rebutted, someone else attacked again, you are now crying foul about it. Ungentlemanly? Unlikely. You don't know me and quite frankly I seem to know more about you than you care to admit.

Very simply put, I'm responding to your comments and you are upset. Sorry that I upset you but I'm not worried about it. I know what the facts are.

I have been at this for a lot longer than you with far more difficult projects and I know the games that are out there.

I said NOTHING about the decals initally! Just responded on this issue when you ripped Mustang Retriver and Mr.D. by the way both very professiona ACTIVE L.E.O's and gentlemen. What the heck do you mean I attacked, you rebutted.
I have nothing to be ashamed of in my past. I am in the hobby for the fun and friendship.
I also don't give a rats behind about you not being worried about it. I didn't post too do that, just stating something I personally knew.
I never said a bad thing about Dave and his decals, and in fact I had talked to him about a set, but timing was way off.
Get the cob out of your rear and enjoy the hobby, go to the shows.
Maybe some day we can get together at a show and visit!
OH ya!! If you know so much about me, How many shows have I attended compared to you attendance?

GSPI 03-30-2011 12:11 PM

You call this "ripping"? Wow, I didn't realize how delicate people's feelings are in the Mustang/Camaro world. I'm pointing out my stance, you are pointing out yours. I thought this was a friendly conversation. So for that I apologize if I've offended you. I don't agree with what you are saying so I'm making my point as well as are you.

LEO's? Really?... gentlemen, ok.

I have to say, I haven't seen you in California, NYC, NJ, PA and Chicago... so there it is. Your

copcamaro 03-30-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSPI (Post 24474)
You call this "ripping"? Wow, I didn't realize how delicate people's feelings are in the Mustang/Camaro world. I'm pointing out my stance, you are pointing out yours. I thought this was a friendly conversation. So for that I apologize if I've offended you. I don't agree with what you are saying so I'm making my point as well as are you.

LEO's? Really?... gentlemen, ok.

I have to say, I haven't seen you in California, NYC, NJ, PA and Chicago... so there it is. Your

No apoligy needed!!!!!! but thanks anyway!
Oh yeh, Ripon 6 times over the years. Cops and rodders in Sacremanto, Ca. twice, Reno twice. Wa. ID, Indianna 3 times, Detroit 2 times and on to Canada at that time,Il,Tx, AZ, Colo, KS, IA, Ar, and many,many shows in Mo. Traveled 2000 plus miles this past Sept-Oct to get to Co.&CA. Furthest east, would be (N.E) Detroit!!
I have 125-130 dash plaques from shows to prove my attendance.
With gas prices as they are, will probably will really slow me down as being retired kinda limits the miles I can afford to go.
I still say both Eric and Jim are gentlemen and as far as I know so are you!
If you feel like PMing me, feel free and we can keep this off the baord, bothering others with this trivial crap!!

GSPI 03-30-2011 12:55 PM

Very well. Again, I'm not always in the areas you are so we are simply passing each other by. Good luck.

28HopUp 03-30-2011 02:07 PM

Just as I was getting prepared to close this thread, you two resolve things. Well done!

I think a dialog on M-Squad is fair. Count me as a satisfied customer, but I've been in business long enough to know that you cannot please everyone. That's not a personal dig; just how things work. But I think anyone reading this thread now is better informed in making their decision on decal sets.

In terms of the actual debate in this thread, I think things could have been MUCH worse. I am active as an Administrator on a very large Mustang forum, and this thread was tame compared to what I normally see. But it seems like in this case everyone was reasonbly respectful in their comments. Thank you...

GSPI 03-30-2011 02:32 PM

It's a hobby. It's supposed to be fun. Unfortunately, egos do get in the way at times. Thanks for the opportunity to air this out Bill.

ImEvil1 03-30-2011 03:17 PM

+1. Glad to see you guys get out what you neeeded to and still remain as civil as you did. I was also monitoring it, but one of the best things about this website is what was displayed in this thread (and the one from the other day, too). People are free to share differing opinions and participate in intelligent discussions on a variety of issues, without it turning into a major mess.

Ray,

I hope you will continue to participate here; especially since you are one of the "original" SSP guys (a little birdie told me who you were this afternoon).

We won't hold the Camaro in your username against you. :)

copcamaro 03-30-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 24479)
+1. Glad to see you guys get out what you neeeded to and still remain as civil as you did. I was also monitoring it, but one of the best things about this website is what was displayed in this thread (and the one from the other day, too). People are free to share differing opinions and participate in intelligent discussions on a variety of issues, without it turning into a major mess.

Ray,

I hope you will continue to participate here; especially since you are one of the "original" SSP guys (a little birdie told me who you were this afternoon).

We won't hold the Camaro in your username against you. :)

Yes, I did start off with a MSHP 89 SSP in 1990 which I used when I was Deputy in our little Co. I then sold it and graduated to a 90 and then to a 93.
All these were purshased directly from MSHP with less or exactly 50 k miles.
At that time they only sold to L.E.O's, municipal govts not to public.
I wish I knew who now owns my Grey 93 as it was an absolute peach. I sold it to a guy in Ma. and hoped he would give me a chance to buy it back if he ever decided to sell it. Just lost track of it, and the guy I sold it to.
Strangley enough, the MSHP troopers # was MSHP 666.
So if any one see that plate # at a show out east, please let me know!
It had only 60 plus miles when I sold it. Was perfect as far as body and paint.
My only complaint on the SSP's was, front disc's and rear drums for brakes.
Got a few scares running code.
Now about the Camaro, this my 4th Camaro and it only has 62k miles.

MOstang 03-30-2011 07:00 PM

Hi Ray - I've tried to make contact on several occassions with the fellow who owns that Silver MSHP SSP. Perhaps it is in fact one he did own. Unfortunately he has never responded to me even to say leave me alone so I can't say for sure if he has it still. From pics I've seen she sure was (is) a beauty.

ImEvil1 03-30-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by copcamaro (Post 24480)
Yes, I did start off with a MSHP 89 SSP in 1990 which I used when I was Deputy in our little Co. I then sold it and graduated to a 90 and then to a 93.
All these were purshased directly from MSHP with less or exactly 50 k miles.
At that time they only sold to L.E.O's, municipal govts not to public.
I wish I knew who now owns my Grey 93 as it was an absolute peach. I sold it to a guy in Ma. and hoped he would give me a chance to buy it back if he ever decided to sell it. Just lost track of it, and the guy I sold it to.
Strangley enough, the MSHP troopers # was MSHP 666.
So if any one see that plate # at a show out east, please let me know!
It had only 60 plus miles when I sold it. Was perfect as far as body and paint.
My only complaint on the SSP's was, front disc's and rear drums for brakes.
Got a few scares running code.
Now about the Camaro, this my 4th Camaro and it only has 62k miles.

Good luck finding it....it's a small world, and you never know. :)

The Camaros are nice enough, but too "new", I think, to be running around restored. No difference to me than a 2000-ish Crown Vic, as they could both be easily mistaken for in-service cars by the general public.

Yours look very nice, though.

mustangretriever 03-30-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSPI (Post 24470)
I guess I simply have to say that I'm having a tough time believing what you are saying....

What I'm having a tough time believing is what a condescending jerk you are in your replies to people here. Seriously, why be like that? Does it really serve a purpose? If someone says they are aware of shoddy work in a particular instance and you have not personally observed the work in this one instance, how can you argue with that? I have nothing to gain by being untruthful. I've already wasted a whole 5 minutes of my life typing my replies to you. All I can attest is to what I've personally seen and what I saw of M-Squad's work sucked. Yes, it really was their work, no one else's. Other people may have vastly different experiences but in this case, they failed. Deal with it and get over it.

ImEvil1 03-30-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangretriever (Post 24483)
What I'm having a tough time believing is what a condescending jerk you are in your replies to people here. Seriously, why be like that? Does it really serve a purpose? If someone says they are aware of shoddy work in a particular instance and you have not personally observed the work in this one instance, how can you argue with that? I have nothing to gain by being untruthful. I've already wasted a whole 5 minutes of my life typing my replies to you. All I can attest is to what I've personally seen and what I saw of M-Squad's work sucked. Yes, it really was their work, no one else's. Other people may have vastly different experiences but in this case, they failed. Deal with it and get over it.

Eric,

There's two sides to every story, as you well know, and I've heard a little from both. Don't you find it a little odd that the OP never weighed back in? FWIW, I don't think that the guy was saying you were being untruthful.

Instead of name calling, which didn't occur here until your post, I'd suggest taking whatever other comments you have to GSPI to PMs.

GSPI 03-30-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangretriever (Post 24483)

I can see that you are upset. I am over it. It was over a while ago. I simply don't agree and you don't agree with me and that's that. I've seen the work on many occasions as I've stated before and you have seen some work too but that does not make me anything other than disagreeable with you, not "a jerk". I've taken more than 5 minutes to help people understand that which I will not or cannot give back to you.

I have been cordial and apologetic to copcamaro and the rest stating if I had offended anyone as it is not my intent. However, no matter what, I have to disagree as I've put my money out on those decals too on multiple occasions.

Then again I don't understand this situation here as well as I guess I should since I normally restore police vehicles with 4 doors or two and three wheels that are much older than 1988.

Good luck with your ventures there Mr. retriever.

mustangretriever 03-31-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSPI (Post 24485)
Then again I don't understand this situation here as well as I guess I should since I normally restore police vehicles with 4 doors or two and three wheels that are much older than 1988.

Good luck with your ventures there Mr. retriever.

And I wonder why I called you condescending? Enjoy those old police cars, eventually they might be just as cool as a Mustang SSP!

mustangretriever 03-31-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 24484)
Instead of name calling, which didn't occur here until your post...

Ok, I shouldn't have used jerk, it's just what came to mind. :-)

GSPI 03-31-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangretriever (Post 24486)
And I wonder why I called you condescending? Enjoy those old police cars, eventually they might be just as cool as a Mustang SSP!

460 under the hood is cool. Old Harleys are cool. I think the SSP Mustang has to age a little more before it's vintage cool. :2thumbs:

I am truly a "work in progress". I really need to take lessons. Can you help?

mustangretriever 03-31-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSPI (Post 24488)
460 under the hood is cool. Old Harleys are cool. I think the SSP Mustang has to age a little more before it's vintage cool. :2thumbs:

I am truly a "work in progress". I really need to take lessons. Can you help?

I never said Mustang SSP's were vintage cool. But really, a Mustang that's a police car? How cool is that? I entered police work in 96 after most of the Mustangs were gone but how cool would it have been to drive one on-duty? Especially with a 5 speed manual? My SSP is an 89, so at 22 years old, in my book that's old enough since I'm "only" 36. :-) My first patrol car was a 94 Caprice with an LT-1, that was pretty damn cool to! I don't think that age plays that big of a factor in a car's coolness, it definitely plays a part but it's not everything. To me, a new Hemi Charger police car is cool to.

GSPI 03-31-2011 12:16 PM

As a former mechanical forensic investigator, under cover is all I've had to work with since 1989... nothing marked so this is all cool to see and play with. LT1's were ok after everyone got to understand how to drive them correctly but I liked the boxy cars as they had more character (even though the seat belt position sucked in 1990).

For reference, I did have an 87 Saleen (#231) for a short while and it was very cool and very fast but not an SSP. I had an old school Camaro (69 SS) in 1978, Corvettes too during the early 80's so sporty cars are cool in my book. So I can be taught some new tricks at 49 years of age.

In 1996 I got the bug for copcars in general when I was an instructor in auto arson and autotheft investigation work when Ford legal brought out some copcars for testing during one of those sessions. Problem was that with the prototypical work that I had in hand at the time, these cars were WAY too new for restoration so I waited for a while and collected parts during those years to build a vintage cruiser and I've built a few already. I've had eyes on the Mustangs since they are both sporty and a copcar but I still have a concern about them being too new for the public eye. My newer Diplomat still causes too much of a stir for my liking at times when driving it in town for shows so the older cruisers - '78 and '49 Fords do the trick for now.

As an aside, I did have one of the Charger prototypes out for a run in '06 and yes they are cool but too twitchy for my liking so the new Ford Interceptor will be much better in control with the same lighting fast acceleration from my current experience with the AWD twin turbo.

ImEvil1 03-31-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangretriever (Post 24487)
Ok, I shouldn't have used jerk, it's just what came to mind. :-)

Is the PM button broken? :)

28HopUp 03-31-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSPI (Post 24490)
I've had eyes on the Mustangs since they are both sporty and a copcar but I still have a concern about them being too new for the public eye.

I can see that with the '87 & newer SSP's that have the aero front-end. One of the reasons the four-eyed SSP's appeal to me is that they appear older from the front.