Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Special Service Mustangs For Sale (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   1988 Pierce County Sheriff SSP - #1310 (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5963)

Rhino 04-04-2015 02:24 PM

1988 Pierce County Sheriff SSP - #1310

All, Current owner asked if I would post his ad here on his behalf.

This car used to belong to me, and I sold it to Buddy a few years back. Has won a few awards at some of the shows. Rare car given PCSD only ran them one year in 1988 - and only had around 12 of them in total. The Cabernet Red color was used on their traffic cars.

Ad text from Buddy:
Selling my 1988 Pierce County Sheriff's (Washington State) traffic unit #1310.

I purchased this car from another member, Ryan (Rhino) in 2012. At the time, I was a Deputy with the Pierce County Sheriff's Department and since have lateraled to another agency.

Here is a link to the photographs for the car and gear I have in photo bucket.

http://s52.photobucket.com/user/budd...0County%201310

I was able to obtain some gear from a detective that drove one of the mustangs when they were in-service. (Radio, in-service pics, "perp book" (pages containing info were removed) and pull over sweater).

The car runs and drives great and has been garaged the entire time I have had her.

I have photo's showing where the paint has cracked (hood, above the driver door and the rear driver side).

Lightbar and siren are connected/operational. The directional bar was not installed (was not in the car during service). Decals are magnetic.

I am asking $8,000 (or reasonable offer) for the car with all the gear. I am located in Bonney Lake, Washington.

Send me an email (buddy325i@yahoo.com) or text me (253-820-0832) if you have any questions.

MOstang 04-04-2015 03:10 PM

Cool car and price seems reasonable. I hope it finds a good home.

PR93LXCOUPE 04-04-2015 10:52 PM

Very nice car...

28HopUp 04-21-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOstang (Post 49786)
Cool car and price seems reasonable. I hope it finds a good home.

I'm a bit late on this thread, but I agree...

MOstang 04-29-2015 08:30 PM

Not sure if this is still up for sale, but in the event it is, I will give it a free bump for a cool car. :thumbsup:

Rhino 05-26-2015 08:06 PM

Car was sold to a "museum" in Florida to be part of their collection.

And...is now on EBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang...P-/20157179336

28HopUp 06-11-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhino (Post 50214)
Car was sold to a "museum" in Florida to be part of their collection.

And...is now on EBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang...P-/20157179336

And now on CL with a MAJOR bump in price -

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/cto/5069113269.html

Quote:

1988 SSP MUSTANG - $16500 (BROOKSVILLE)

This is your chance to own one of the best investment cars their is. The SSP mustang is the most collectible fox body ranking number 1.One of the reasons for this is their rarity. Departments would order them in the hundreds. Making a 1988 sold to a single department had all the goodies that a SSP Mustang would have with any changes a particular department would want such as door locks or power windows. This car is one of 636 ordered by this department. It has the lights and siren, radar gun all in working order, the communication system is their but not working, car had added sway bar, graphics are magnetic so the car can be driven. AutoTrader has put out a series of single issue magazines with at least two of them called Mustang Milestones. It's kind of a high end publication with very nice pages and feature cars that I don't recall seeing elsewhere. In the latest, they have an article on the Top 10 Collectible Fox Body Mustangs. I'm not so sure that I agree with their choices, but they do have good reasons for their choices. Often it's because of the general public not being aware of the existence of a given version (supply and demand). I don't intend to copy the article here, but I will list their choices, along with what they call Special Finds: variations of their choices that are more desirable. If there is interest, I'll post the Honorable mentions later.10. 1979 Indy Pace Car Replica (SF: Festival Cars)9. 1980-81 Cobra (SF: Bright Caramel)8. 1982 Mustang GT (SF: Automatic versions)7. 1984 20th Anniversary Special Edition (SF: Turbo-four convertibles)6. 1985-86 GT (SF: Canadian Cobra)5. 1986-93 Saleen (SF: Cancelled Oregon Highway Patrol SSP)4. 1987-93 LX 5.0 "Notchback" (SF: Sand Beige)3. 1992 LX 5.0 Summer Special Edition convertible (SF: 5-speed versions)2. 1993 Cobra (SF: R models)1. 1982-93 SSP (Early California Highway Patrol models or 1985 SSP)
:No no:

MOstang 06-11-2015 07:21 PM

PCSD really ordered 636 SSPS :rolleyes: . It always seems that people who aren't really that involved in the SSP hobby like to buy them low and try to flip them higher than market for the car :eek:. I guess if you can succeed in doing so, more power to you.

MOstang 06-11-2015 07:22 PM

BTW, I really like those PCSD SSPs, so I hope it will find a good next home to settle down for awhile. Probably a tougher sell in the Eastern part of the country than would be in the Northwest.

Rhino 06-12-2015 02:47 AM

Wow - nothing like that guy trying to make a $11K profit. Yikes!

Nothing to see here....keep on moving along...

MOstang 06-12-2015 10:24 PM

If a misrepresentation of Buyer intentions is what occurred here (and I'm making an assumption based upon posts I've read on Facebook and here) that is unfortunate. It seems that sort of thing is becoming a more frequent phenomenon.

urustyone 07-28-2015 12:44 PM

Back on Craigs?

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/cto/5143565022.html

MOstang 07-28-2015 05:46 PM

Cool SSP, hope to see it find a good home.

Rhino 07-29-2015 11:25 PM

I see the seller's pricing is finally dropping down into more reasonable territory.

If anyone has an interest, Buddy or I can fill a prospective buyer in on the car and any quirks it had.

Was a nice car. Definitely needed some small things worked out on it, but showed well, and a somewhat rare unit with the color combo and history. Drove nice. Sounded good. Was a lot of fun.

Would be cool to see it land with someone in the group.

smunczen 07-30-2015 03:16 PM

I sure do like this car.

kecurroj 07-31-2015 12:53 AM

I live in Pierce County and remember seeing this car when it was in service.

(no, it didn't pull me over, lol).

Rhino 08-01-2015 10:58 PM

Wilson, I used to own the car that is for sale now. It's a nice car. Not perfect and needs a few things. But was fun to own when I had it. It left WA about 6 months ago from the owner I sold it to. And is now in FL. Would cost a bit to bring it back home. But....if you are interested, I can give you in-depth info on it.

kecurroj 08-01-2015 11:56 PM

I appreciate it, but I'm not looking for a restored cruiser, more of an unmarked type of SSP.

Thanks!

Rhino 08-02-2015 12:02 PM

Remove quick disconnects on lightbar and magnetic decal/badges = unmarked cruiser. :)

28HopUp 10-26-2015 02:12 PM

This is now listed on ebay without a reserve -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-Mustang...p2054897.l4275

As an FYI, I am the current high bidder. I offered what I think is a fair price for this car, and I will not be going higher. We'll see if it is higher than what anyone else is willing to pay (hopefully the seller will not have any of his buddies shill-up the price).

ImEvil1 10-26-2015 03:19 PM

Good luck, Bill.

28HopUp 10-26-2015 03:32 PM

Thanks Mike. I am not getting my hopes up about this one yet. I'm concerned that the seller may use shill bidders to ramp up the price of the auction. It's a shame because I am willing to buy this for the right price, but I am only going to spend so much.

There are a couple of other SSPs out there that I may pursue if this one falls through. I'd like something that I can get into for a decent price that I can enjoy driving/showing while making improvements along the way.

28HopUp 10-27-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28HopUp (Post 51655)
Thanks Mike. I am not getting my hopes up about this one yet. I'm concerned that the seller may use shill bidders to ramp up the price of the auction. It's a shame because I am willing to buy this for the right price, but I am only going to spend so much.

So there is recent bidding activity by someone with an ebay feedback of only 1. That sounds totally legit, right? Of course, a bidder who is friendly with the seller could have a feedback score in the thousands I suppose...

NoDrama43 10-27-2015 04:19 PM

we shill see........

memba 1 9 8 ?

MOstang 10-27-2015 09:28 PM

It would be nice to see it end up with an SSP hobbyist.

28HopUp 10-28-2015 09:32 AM

I called the number in the ebay ad so that I could ask a couple of questions. There are no good interior shots of the car in the listing, and there are no details about the car in the description (other than saying that SSP Mustangs are the #1 investment opportunity in the galaxy!). I want to make sure that the car still has the police equipment installed, and the sale includes the lightbar and magnetic markings. I just called (you know, during what I would consider normal business hours), and the answering machine kicked on. The seller is actually a golf cart retailer. I don't mind folks making a living for themselves, but that place is certainly not a MUSEUM like the previous owner in Washington was told.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOstang (Post 51681)
It would be nice to see it end up with an SSP hobbyist.

I agree. The price is inching closer and closer to my max bid. Although I said I would hold fast, I will need to decide if I want to offer up a little more or make a play on another interesting SSP (if that window of opportunity is still open).

28HopUp 10-28-2015 09:44 AM

Well, I finally got a hold of the seller. The police equipment has been removed and is NOT included in the sale. :thumbsdown: He gave me an out-the-door price WITH the equipment, in which case he would end the ebay listing early. The price is not ridiculous, but I'm not sure if I would go that high either. Decisions... Decisions...

kapracing 10-28-2015 09:57 AM

:popcorn1: :popcorn1:

EXNODRAMANOTCH 10-28-2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28HopUp (Post 51682)
Although I said I would hold fast, I will need to decide if I want to offer up a little more or make a play on another interesting SSP (if that window of opportunity is still open).

Waiting on a call today that may start that window on a downward path.

kapracing 10-28-2015 02:31 PM

:eek:

28HopUp 10-28-2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EXNODRAMANOTCH (Post 51688)
Waiting on a call today that may start that window on a downward path.

I fully understand, Bob. I will not retract my bid out of principle, and I cannot obligate myself elsewhere ;) until I am no longer the highest bidder on the PCSD car. Regardless, GLWS! :cool:

EXNODRAMANOTCH 10-28-2015 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28HopUp (Post 51691)
I fully understand, Bob. I will not retract my bid out of principle, and I cannot obligate myself elsewhere ;) until I am no longer the highest bidder on the PCSD car. Regardless, GLWS! :cool:

Understood and admirable choice. I'll keep you posted.:yes:

EXNODRAMANOTCH 10-29-2015 11:02 PM

A deal for my smoke MSP has been reached this evening and will be completed early next week. Thanks for all the interest! I'm excited for the new owner (I truly enjoyed getting to know him this week) and I'll let him come forward with all his SSP enthusiasm.

28HopUp 10-30-2015 07:37 AM

Congrats Bob! :thumbsup:

NoDrama43 10-30-2015 10:47 AM

I must have missed it. I didn't know it was for sale.

congrats

28HopUp 10-30-2015 11:52 AM

It wasn't for sale for long, Jim. A little bird told me about it, but it was right after I placed my bid on the #1310 PCSD car on ebay. I figured that my modest bid would have been surpassed quickly, and I could have worked out something with Bob on the Minnesota SSP. However, with just over 2 hours to go, I am still the high bidder and Bob sold his car to another member (certainly no hard feelings). Knowing that Bob's SSP is off the table I decided to up my bid slightly, so we will see if it is enough.

NoDrama43 10-30-2015 02:08 PM

A N D ...............

we have a winner folks !!

congrats on a good price for a rare a$$ car.

EXNODRAMANOTCH 10-30-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28HopUp (Post 51722)
It wasn't for sale for long, Jim. A little bird told me about it, but it was right after I placed my bid on the #1310 PCSD car on ebay. I figured that my modest bid would have been surpassed quickly, and I could have worked out something with Bob on the Minnesota SSP. However, with just over 2 hours to go, I am still the high bidder and Bob sold his car to another member (certainly no hard feelings). Knowing that Bob's SSP is off the table I decided to up my bid slightly, so we will see if it is enough.

Looks like you won (if I can decipher the cryptic eBay bidder name system correctly), Congrats!

28HopUp 10-30-2015 02:15 PM

Thanks guys! :D I upped my bids to a level I was comfortable spending (after discussing this car fully with Rhino first). This one will be saved and improved upon.

MOstang 10-30-2015 08:10 PM

Congratulations, are you receiving the emergency equipment, etc. with it?