Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Welcome! (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   newbie (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5305)

tater_51 11-28-2013 04:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oops, posted in the wrong place, hope I found the right forum. I have owned my SSP for about 5 years, 1992 Michigan State Police mustang. Low mileage, 51,000. Stock with exception of new stainless exhaust. Sad to say I didn't even drive it last year, stays covered in heated garage.

stubes 11-28-2013 04:28 PM

Very nice!

ImEvil1 11-28-2013 08:55 PM

Welcome to the board.

MOstang 11-28-2013 08:58 PM

Welcome

Nice to see another good looking low mile MSP SSP in the area. Any idea how many miles yours had when it came out of service? Judging by the mileage number ranges I've seen with retired MSP SSPs, it would be safe to say it hasn't had many miles added since it came out of service.

A pretty good chance your VIN number is already listed in this websites SSP VIN project. You should check to see and if it there or not and if not have it added. If it is already there some pics of your car could be added to the car's VIN page.

Hope to meet up some time.

tater_51 11-28-2013 11:13 PM

Thanks, when it came out of service it had 44,500 miles. When I purchased it it had 50,275 miles. I purchased it from the gentleman who bought it at auction. He stored it for 10 years with very little driving. I actually know the history of this car. It was the Grand Haven Post #64 car, used for recruiting purposes with very little patrol usage. I was stationed at the Hart Post #66 for 25 years. I actually had the opportunity to drive the car when it was in service as the recruiter had stopped by our Post to fuel up. We didn't have a Mustang at Hart so it was a real treat to be able to take one out for a spin. Little did I know at that time I would come to own it some 16 years later.

nighthawk756 11-29-2013 11:21 AM

Great story and great car! Welcome!! Glad to have you!! ;)

tater_51 11-29-2013 06:58 PM

VIN

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOstang (Post 43426)
Nice to see another good looking low mile MSP SSP in the area. Any idea how many miles yours had when it came out of service? Judging by the mileage number ranges I've seen with retired MSP SSPs, it would be safe to say it hasn't had many miles added since it came out of service.

A pretty good chance your VIN number is already listed in this websites SSP VIN project. You should check to see and if it there or not and if not have it added. If it is already there some pics of your car could be added to the car's VIN page.

Hope to meet up some time.

I found my VIN listed but have no idea on how to add any information, photo's, etc. Any help appreciated.

nighthawk756 11-29-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tater_51 (Post 43432)
I found my VIN listed but have no idea on how to add any information, photo's, etc. Any help appreciated.

Bill (28hopup) will add them if you post them here or PM them to him.

28HopUp 11-29-2013 09:26 PM

Yes, you can attach the photos to a post, or email them to me at mm750 at comcast dot net (use the symbols and remove the spaces). :)

P.S. - and WELCOME!!!

tater_51 11-30-2013 12:16 AM

Thanks, if I get some time tomorrow I'll take some photos (buck tags, etc) and also look for a build sheet, it's like treasure hunting.