Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Members' SSPs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   1992 GSP unit 2217 (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4676)

kapracing 01-15-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28HopUp (Post 38458)
Bobby, that is REALLY cool that you were able to talk with the Trooper assigned to your GA SSP! :cool: Can you explain how you were able to track him down?

Bill,
I was just lucky that the car was never repainted. If it had been, I probably would never know who the Officer was. Georgia cars have the Officer's badge # on roof and for tag #'s. Tags are removed prior to auction and decals crudely scraped off. But with the decals being on (in my car's case) for 6+ years, it protects the paint and appears slightly raised compared to surrounding paint.In the right light you can make out 606 on it's roof. I had a friend do some checking and found out GSP badge 606 belongs to SGT. Kevin Thompson. I then just "BINGED" Kevin Thompson 606 and found a E-mail address. I received a call from him with in a hour from my e-mail and the rest is history. But with out that roof # it would have about been impossible...

kapracing 01-18-2013 09:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got a little done after work... Started trimming the rust away and decided it would be best to replace whole post rather than section it. Strange, this is the only rust it the whole uni body... Once I get door post replaced she'll be good as new. I'll be coating inside post's, cowl vent, full floor pan's and trunk with POR15.

kapracing 01-18-2013 09:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Donor post.

stadair 01-18-2013 12:09 PM

So THAT's what that looks like all uncovered. I'm currently working on replacing door hinge pins and realignment of my doors. I thought the three bolts holding the hinges on the post were fixed. Now I see how much play there is. Thanks for sharing.

NoDrama43 01-18-2013 08:11 PM

wow......big project there....

kapracing 01-18-2013 09:09 PM

It's really not that bad. Whats killing me is I'm so covered up at work, I only get a few minutes here and there to work on it !!! But it all adds up ... :-) lol. I'm hoping to have it finished, paint and all by April.

kapracing 01-24-2013 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got post welded in... now the cap, seam seal everything really well and on to the other side...

kapracing 01-24-2013 07:59 PM

Then, I'll be coating inside of posts , cowl venrt and floor pans in POR 15 for future protection against any rust.

kapracing 02-08-2013 07:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Both sides replaced and seamed sealed up :-)
Now the real fun begins...

kapracing 03-12-2013 12:02 PM

Well since the recent purchase of my 88 GSP I've decided to go ahead and remove all suspension and refinish floor pans as well. I got a rack built for the front now I only need to build one for the rear. The bar is adjustable so I'll be raising it a little higher to spray bottom of floors. I'm just going to take my time on it while I play with my 88.