Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Agency-Specific Restoration (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   GSP equipment ID needed (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5330)

stubes 12-23-2013 06:35 PM

GSP equipment ID needed

1 Attachment(s)
1990 or 1991 Georgia state patrol ssp.
anyone have an idea what the white box in center of dash is?
I can make out the Motorola radio and whelen lightbar controller.

My best guess is something with the camera system as this is a camera system car. any idea on make/model?

kapracing 12-23-2013 08:06 PM

Yes that is a Kustom signals Trooper model radar counting unit on the dash.
Will try to find model # for you give me a few.

stubes 12-23-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapracing (Post 43692)
Yes that is a Kustom signals Trooper model radar counting unit on the dash.
Will try to find model # for you give me a few.

I am aware of the radar model, the mystery piece is the white square box in front of the dash center vents.

kapracing 12-23-2013 08:33 PM

Oh ok my contacts gonna get ahold of Scott and find out for sure but he thinks early LoJack

kapracing 12-23-2013 09:04 PM

I ask Kevin also and he said;

"It's the video counter. It shows minutes on tape left."

But he could not remember the brand or model. He is gonna try to find out though...

kapracing 12-23-2013 09:29 PM

Was told they had Mobil Vision and Panasonic's early on?

possum885 12-24-2013 02:10 PM

camera

never had no counter of any type on any mobilevision camaera. some had a monitor that you could see the info on. the very very early 8mm? cameras I believe were Panasonic this is what benji hodges had in his car on the famous traffic stop on I-95 where he kept telling the passenger i'll shoot your a-- and finally did...

ImEvil1 12-24-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by possum885 (Post 43708)
never had no counter of any type on any mobilevision camaera. some had a monitor that you could see the info on. the very very early 8mm? cameras I believe were Panasonic this is what benji hodges had in his car on the famous traffic stop on I-95 where he kept telling the passenger i'll shoot your a-- and finally did...

That is a great early video....used it in many recruit classes back when I taught at the academy.

kapracing 12-24-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubes (Post 43689)
1990 or 1991 Georgia state patrol ssp.
anyone have an idea what the white box in center of dash is?
I can make out the Motorola radio and whelen lightbar controller.

My best guess is something with the camera system as this is a camera system car. any idea on make/model?

Quote:

Originally Posted by possum885 (Post 43708)

... So Keith,
Do you recall seeing one of these? Do you know what it is or have any idea?

possum885 12-28-2013 06:54 PM

I would guess lojack..mostly Atlanta units had them