Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   '93 California SSP (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1574)

stadair 12-16-2008 10:59 AM

'93 California SSP

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of pics of my '93 California SSP. I have to call it a "California SSP" because I don't know what it did. Even thought it was originally painted B&W, I don't believe it served with the CHP. The guy I bought it from only remembers that the guy he bought it from worked in some government position. Still waiting for CA DMV to get back to me with Ownership records.

In the pics, I'm getting at the heater core. This the second heater core that I've had to replace. It was easier than the first...
Attachment 1441

You can see clearly herre that the drivers door is white...
Attachment 1442

I pulled all the wiring away from the fender and am cleaning and touching up the engine bay...
Attachment 1443

My progress will be much slower than, I forgot who, gutted, prepped and painted in a week!!! Wow!

At this point I've got the dash back in and am holding the interior at that until I can replace the nasty carpet. And the engine bay is almost cleaned up to a decent point.

Andy 12-16-2008 12:29 PM

Looks like your really going at it!
looks Good! :yes:

ImEvil1 12-16-2008 10:12 PM

Hey Toshi,

Did you happen to read that thread on the CHP forums about the Mustangs? One of the CHP officers has a car that was delivered as a black and white but was repainted before being put into service and used as an admin car.

That's my vote on your car. Maybe you could contact him over there and see if your cars are similiar.

stadair 12-17-2008 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 11680)
Hey Toshi,

Did you happen to read that thread on the CHP forums about the Mustangs? One of the CHP officers has a car that was delivered as a black and white but was repainted before being put into service and used as an admin car.

That's my vote on your car. Maybe you could contact him over there and see if your cars are similiar.

I did read the stories they told, but did not catch that particular one. I'll check it out. Thanks.:)

28HopUp 12-17-2008 10:13 AM

Since you are now a pro at it, when can you come over to my place to help me install a new heater core? :D

stadair 12-17-2008 10:55 AM

Heater Core

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28HopUp (Post 11691)
Since you are now a pro at it, when can you come over to my place to help me install a new heater core? :D

Haha! I'll be right over! :D Naw, I think that your '85 was designed a bit different than my '93. I think that you just go through the glove box and bypass pulling out the dash.

predator20 12-17-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stadair (Post 11694)
Haha! I'll be right over! :D Naw, I think that your '85 was designed a bit different than my '93. I think that you just go through the glove box and bypass pulling out the dash.

You can do that easy heater core swap, like you talk about only on the cars that didn't have factory A/C.

stadair 01-31-2009 05:09 PM

Floor Pan Brace/Seat Track Mount Repair

4 Attachment(s)
Finally repaired my floor pan brace/seat track mount. Had a buddy weld the original seat mount stud to a 2" x 4" x 1/8" piece of steel. I wanted to mount it inside the floor pan brace, but was unable to due to verticle pieces of sheet metal inside there. I bolted it in place as you see, but would like to weld it in place some day.

Along with the problem of the front seat mount being broken, the same side rear seat track foot was cracked almost completely through! So I was doing the "gansta lean" while driving. Had that welded up too. Little by little I'm getting the broken things fixed.

MOstang 01-31-2009 05:55 PM

That's looking good Toshi.

WSP-SSP 02-02-2009 03:54 PM

heater core

awsome work, thats actually the best way and a good time, i did mine , then changed the carpet and put everything back in after massive cleaning. Looks great so far, thanks for sharing. then likely your car was chp, do you have holes in the floor and behind the glove box door from the shotgun rack?