Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Special Service Mustangs/Parts Wanted (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Looking for a SSP here in Texas (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5590)

c.w.moss 05-28-2014 06:47 PM

Looking for a SSP here in Texas

I am new to the forum and am actively looking for a SSP car here in Texas. I would love to have Chris's car, but not enough coin for it. I am in central Texas so if anyone has one or knows of one for sale, pm me.
Thanks Daryl (cwmoss)

1989 Tx DPS SSP 05-28-2014 10:47 PM

There is a fully documented 87 on .org but no price given, just an email.

Tom

MOstang 05-29-2014 08:24 PM

I'm pretty sure somewhere on here or on .org were prior (i.e. older) threads with regards to the current owner seeking to sell that SSP and pricing listed maybe from a Craigslist or similar online ad. I haven't tried to look and this is just from memory. Have had the pleasure of being up close with it at several shows over the years, it is a nice SSP, no doubt!

ImEvil1 05-29-2014 09:42 PM

Joe Horvath owned that car for years. He is a member here if you'd like to get more info (Texaspony87).

c.w.moss 06-19-2014 02:19 PM

I went and looked at the Oregon car that was up in DFW area. Super straight car. I waited a week while still looking at what was out in the market. Everything that was available and in my budget was a bit of a hike, so I called the owner of the '89. He negotiated some on the price and I bought it. This past weekend, there was a car show that a bunch of my friends and I attend every year, and I took the '89 to it. This old car is such a blast to drive and one of the things I'm liking the best is, the A/C works great!! There was a young lady there with a '92 DPS SSP Camaro. That might be my next car to find, but not to replace the Mustang.
Daryl (cwmoss)

nighthawk756 06-19-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c.w.moss (Post 46669)
I went and looked at the Oregon car that was up in DFW area. Super straight car. I waited a week while still looking at what was out in the market. Everything that was available and in my budget was a bit of a hike, so I called the owner of the '89. He negotiated some on the price and I bought it. This past weekend, there was a car show that a bunch of my friends and I attend every year, and I took the '89 to it. This old car is such a blast to drive and one of the things I'm liking the best is, the A/C works great!! There was a young lady there with a '92 DPS SSP Camaro. That might be my next car to find, but not to replace the Mustang.
Daryl (cwmoss)

Congrats on getting your first ssp!

And just for info purposes, the Camaros weren't "ssp's". SSP was Fords acronym for Special Service Package. The police package Camaros from Chevy were "B4C's". ;)

ImEvil1 06-19-2014 08:29 PM

Glad you found one, Daryl. Welcome to the club!