Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Special Service Mustangs For Sale (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   1989 Michigan State Police SSP - For Sale (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6469)

JC168725 10-10-2016 02:20 PM

1989 Michigan State Police SSP - For Sale

11 Attachment(s)
The decision has been made to part ways with my 1989 Michigan State Police SSP. I have owned the car since 2000 and it has not been used as a regular driver since around 2002. Over the last 14 years, it has seen very little use. I start it a few times a year and take it out on rare occasion just to get it out of the garage. It still runs and drives very well to this day. The current condition is not perfect nor show quality.

Origin: The gentleman I purchased it from was a well-regarded mechanic from my area. He would purchase vehicles from the State of Michigan Vehicle Auctions, which is how he came about this vehicle. As I recall from my discussions with him, he added the Saleen Wing and Ground Effects and painted it Pearl White, as it currently remains. The Michigan Trooper blue can still be seen in the engine compartment. I believe he did not have the car for more than a couple of years before I purchased it from him, but I am not entirely sure. I do not know the “In-service” years for the State Police. He did tell me that he removed the light bar from the top.

Appearance: There is some visible rust along the bottom of the trunk lid and on the bottom of both doors. The car definitely could use some work but I do not believe that it would commonly be considered a total “project” car; but of course this depends on the desired end result. It is a 27 year old car with the original interior. There is a small ding on the driver side. The weather stripping is "weathered". The car still looks nice.

Specifics: 105,817 original miles. It had around 70k miles when I purchased. Vin #: 1FABP40E0KF209199. It has automatic transmission and power windows and side mirrors. I had a minor accident with it and caused front end damage as I hit somebody from behind while "stop and go" city driving....they stopped and I "go'd". As I recall, the damage was pretty much only aesthetic to the front end and the vehicle was repaired by a Ford dealership.

The attached pictures were taken within the last 4 months. Feel free to message me direct if you would like any additional pictures, videos or details. I am asking $6,000. I would like it to go to somebody who cares and who really wants to keep for their collection. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, I have come to terms with the fact that this car would be better off in the hands of somebody who can put it to use rather than just being stored in my garage for another 14 years. Thanks for looking.

28HopUp 10-12-2016 04:57 PM

Thanks for posting this up - GLWS! :)

MOstang 10-12-2016 08:29 PM

Best wishes, it would be great to see one of the 89's returned to in-service specs.

NoDrama43 10-16-2016 06:04 PM

Can you post up the door tag and the buck tags?

JC168725 10-17-2016 06:14 PM

More pictures

8 Attachment(s)
Here are some more pics. Buck tags are hard to see clearly due to their location and the fact they have been painted. Let me know if you would like to see any others.

NoDrama43 10-17-2016 08:54 PM

Nice. District 4 car. Those speedo cert records are golden. It looks the the first assignment was as vehicle 4005 per the warrenty card. Also of the original 14 car order, this car is one of three survivors that has not been destroyed or issued a salvage/rebuilt title.

Rare indeed. By chance do you have the original blue seats?

JC168725 10-17-2016 09:03 PM

28, MO and NO: I appreciate the comments.

JC168725 10-17-2016 09:09 PM

Sorry, and yes I would believe these to be the original blue seats. Is there any way I can find out for sure?

92NM-SSP 10-17-2016 11:58 PM

SSP

nice looking car

JC168725 10-20-2016 12:07 PM

Update: I have been informed that the front seats are not the original ones.