Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Bought a NC car today !! (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4178)

fb2plus2 04-07-2012 08:52 PM

Bought a NC car today !!

5 Attachment(s)
Picked up a NC car today got tons of documentation with it. It has been completely restored and is a very nice resto. The car was not painted back the NC paint scheme he decided to go all black. Small cam and a little head work was done during rebuild ,sounds nice. This is an automatic car and was a HP from 1993 to 1997 then an unmarked car for Surry County from 1997 to 1999 and finally a full dressed out sheriffs car for Surry County from 1999 to 2003. Heres a few pics.
Attachment 4102
Attachment 4103
Attachment 4104
Attachment 4105
Attachment 4106

OSP959(R) 04-07-2012 09:59 PM

Nice!

Wolfe1013 04-08-2012 03:44 AM

OMG! How beautiful!! My first ever SSP to see on the highway was one of these out of Black Mountain, NC, fully dressed. I had to find the local office in Greensboro on that trip. I got pics of an auto with red interior in the process of being outfitted. I loved the flip-up covered strobe lights on the back deck.

They also had a gray unmarked SSP from the late 80's retired and ready for auction. I wanted that car so bad!! I'm going to say this trip was late '92.

If I was to start an SSP collection, it would have to include a NC and GA SSP.

Great score.

Greg

FHP813 04-08-2012 09:37 AM

Very nice car!

Superdan 04-08-2012 08:05 PM

Very nice

chism 04-09-2012 02:39 PM

Looks great! Man, I love ponies! They really are the best looking wheels for these cars IMHO. Keep her clean!

MOstang 04-09-2012 06:39 PM

Congratulations...looks real nice. I did quite a lot of research on the NCSHP SSPs a few years back. In case you are curious about the two (2) labels that are located on the left side of your dash...here you go!

The NCSHP affixed two (2) different identifiable labels to their SSP Mustangs. The FAS, or Fixed Asset System, sticker (see below) stated "Property of N.C. Department of Crime Control and Public Safety". It is a silver label with black type and a unique number (typically beginning with number seven (7) and a six (6) digit number) with "- Do Not Remove-" underneath. The FAS began in the late 1970's and can be found on the driver side door inside the front jamb on left hand side of the plastic dash.

The PIN Number, which is not related to the VIN or FAS numbers, is four (4) digits and is believed to correspond to vehicle number on a particular contract (i.e. 0112 equals 112th vehicle on the 1990 order). It can be found adjacent to the inside of the driver's side door jamb on the left hand side of the plastic dash. It may be typed on a white or pink paper sticker with the North Carolina state seal, or written in marker or crayon. In one known instance it was found on a faded blue plastic label located in the driver side windshield border with the year followed by the PIN Number. The PIN number was the preferred way of tracking specific vehicles and their corresponding Trooper and license plate number.

fb2plus2 04-10-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOstang (Post 33894)
Congratulations...looks real nice. I did quite a lot of research on the NCSHP SSPs a few years back. In case you are curious about the two (2) labels that are located on the left side of your dash...here you go!

The NCSHP affixed two (2) different identifiable labels to their SSP Mustangs. The FAS, or Fixed Asset System, sticker (see below) stated "Property of N.C. Department of Crime Control and Public Safety". It is a silver label with black type and a unique number (typically beginning with number seven (7) and a six (6) digit number) with "- Do Not Remove-" underneath. The FAS began in the late 1970's and can be found on the driver side door inside the front jamb on left hand side of the plastic dash.

The PIN Number, which is not related to the VIN or FAS numbers, is four (4) digits and is believed to correspond to vehicle number on a particular contract (i.e. 0112 equals 112th vehicle on the 1990 order). It can be found adjacent to the inside of the driver's side door jamb on the left hand side of the plastic dash. It may be typed on a white or pink paper sticker with the North Carolina state seal, or written in marker or crayon. In one known instance it was found on a faded blue plastic label located in the driver side windshield border with the year followed by the PIN Number. The PIN number was the preferred way of tracking specific vehicles and their corresponding Trooper and license plate number.

Thanks for the info, the "FAS" is on the dash, but I haven't seen the other sticker may have gotten lost or peeled off over the years.
The siren speaker is still mounted under the fender (Federal Signal BP-100) and the headlight harness has been spliced into, with a 2 pin connector on the spliced wires I'm assuming this was for wig wags. Also there is a large additional dome light that was added and it still works.

28HopUp 04-12-2012 06:00 PM

Congrats on the new SSP! :thumbsup:

John10608 04-13-2012 09:30 PM

Very clean !! NICE !! Congrats !