Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Looking at a 1991 SSP Need Help (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2328)

ajstoys63 12-01-2009 05:48 PM

Looking at a 1991 SSP Need Help

I am looking at a black 1991 SSP that was never marked. As I have been told it was owned by a government agency. It is an automatic and has 74000 miles on it. The ca is loaded with all of the options that you could get. It has the premium interior, am/fm/cassette, no pillar light, oil cooler, seat supports, full size spare/with cover. It does have the buck tags but I could not see the I.D. numbers. It has an "X" pipe with an aftermarket exhaust (which I am not to happy with) but that can be changed. He wanted $8900 and I got him down to $7500... Is that too much? The car has no rust but it has been re-painted, (Maaco job) so there are some holdays with that... All the panels are original... I am just curious what the average price is for a car like this... Thanks, Al

FlyinTiger 12-01-2009 06:06 PM

"Too much" can only be determined by you. Currently, the market is alright, not soft like non specialty Mustangs. If the car makes you happy, buy it. But keep in mind, in the world of SSP's, a marked, 2-tone, 5-speed will always be more valuable. Post some pics if you get a chance.

ImEvil1 12-01-2009 06:35 PM

Does the car still have the door data tag?

Price-wise, Donny is right...it's up to you. I'd say you can do better than what the guy was originally asking, though, with JPargo's car (if it didn't sell already....46K mile Santa Clara car with a beautiful paint job for the same $$).

ajstoys63 12-01-2009 07:50 PM

If you are talking about the regular manufacturer sticker yes its on the drivers side door opening. The buck tags are still behind the headlight but I couldn't read the numbers...I would rather have an un-marked vehicle then a marked one. Does anybody on here have a clean one for sale? Here is the link to the dealer that has it on consignment.
http://www.stradacars.com/webtemplate.aspx?iid=2479519

ajstoys63 12-01-2009 07:54 PM

Oh and by the way... I do not want to rip the car apart to race it.. This car I'm looking at as an aftermarket exhaust, "X" pipe and cold air induction that I would ave to replace bact to as close to stock as I can get it... Thanks Guys!

NoDrama43 12-01-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajstoys63 (Post 17184)
I am looking at a black 1991 SSP that was never marked. As I have been told it was owned by a government agency. It is an automatic and has 74000 miles on it. The ca is loaded with all of the options that you could get. It has the premium interior, am/fm/cassette, no pillar light, oil cooler, seat supports, full size spare/with cover. It does have the buck tags but I could not see the I.D. numbers. It has an "X" pipe with an aftermarket exhaust (which I am not to happy with) but that can be changed. He wanted $8900 and I got him down to $7500... Is that too much? The car has no rust but it has been re-painted, (Maaco job) so there are some holdays with that... All the panels are original... I am just curious what the average price is for a car like this... Thanks, Al

Evil is right on about jpargo's car. It is beautiful. I owned it for short time and can attest to the quality of the car. It is basically a turn key car ready for the show circuit. Not wanting to hijak the thread but for the money you would be ahead to at least talk to jon about the car.

ssp91ssp 12-01-2009 09:59 PM

Al,
welcome to the site !
I agree with these guys on John's car it's killer ...
As far as the one your looking at i also agree ! If you like it go for it ...it looks good in the pics ..maybe just replace the carpet as it looks stained a bit ..
good luck .

ssp91ssp
hector

ajstoys63 12-01-2009 10:05 PM

The person tha you are talking about that has his car for sale... Where is he and who is he? What year ishis car? I am open to suggestions... I looked at the carpets and they could be cleaned up they are in decent shape like you said just stained. Thanks..

stadair 12-01-2009 10:19 PM

The car looks real nice in the photos. I just have one minor comment...I don't think that those seats came with that car from the factory. They are GT seats as far as I know. I know my '90 LX convertible had them stock, but coupes?

FlyinTiger 12-01-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stadair (Post 17206)
The car looks real nice in the photos. I just have one minor comment...I don't think that those seats came with that car from the factory. They are GT seats as far as I know. I know my '90 LX convertible had them stock, but coupes?

The GT/LX 5.0 seats came in quite a few government ordered cars. They were optioned out a little better than the standard SSP.