Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Briefing Room (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   STOLEN! my 06 X-Harper Woods PD Mustang GT (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4158)

chism 03-30-2012 09:56 AM

That's terrible. I hope they find it. It would be a shame to lose a car like that. :(

ChrisL 03-30-2012 12:42 PM

Wow, this is sad to hear. I hope they find it!

Mustang Kid 03-30-2012 01:04 PM

Probably one of the worst things that could happen to a car guy could have is walking outside and seeing your car gone. :(
I've had parts stolen off my cars, and it was a horrible experience. Couldn't do anything about it either because I had no way of proving anything was mine.
Hope you find it, get the word out.
If someone tried to steal my car...:No no:

Va 5.0 03-30-2012 02:17 PM

Do the temp tags come back to you ? Hopefully, someone on midnights with the local PD towed it as a roadway hazard and because of the temp tags, they have not been able notify you. Check with the local PD dispatch to see if your car was on the tow board (list). Weird stuff happens. Check with the people who live near where it broke down, they may have called it in as suspicious or saw the tow truck.
I hope you get it back....

28HopUp 03-30-2012 02:35 PM

Jack, I'm hoping the lack of a permanent license plate means it will take a day or so for the car to be found if it is sitting in an impound lot somewhere. But I know the VIN would be the key piece of information to tie the car to me.

The car's VIN is 1ZVFT82H865152538.

FHP813 03-30-2012 06:04 PM

That sucks Bill. You would think once they saw the lights they would think it was a cop car and leave it be. I hope you get it back in one piece.

NoDrama43 03-30-2012 06:48 PM

i would definately check with the jurisdiction where it was parked and see if they towed it.

any word yet Bill?

GSPI 03-30-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28HopUp (Post 33608)
They must have. Ironically, I picked up the car from the dealer that morning, who serviced it for a bad component in the anti-theft system (PATS) which was causing the car to randomly cut out and not run. That evening, Jack and I went out to grab some sandwiches, and the car died again pulling out of our neighborhood. Jack coasted the car to the shoulder. We waited a bit, and tried to restart it several times (which sometimes would work). So we walked home (only about 1/4 mile). Before going to bed, I walked back out to the car but it still wouldn't start. I left it on the shoulder of the 2-lane roadway (suburban area) and planned to have the dealer pick it up that next morning (yesterday). When Jack and I left to take him to school, the car was gone.

Sorry to hear that Bill. Maybe one of my spotters could find it again. I have a guess though where it's going if it hasn't been legitimately towed.

28HopUp 03-30-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoDrama43 (Post 33647)
i would definately check with the jurisdiction where it was parked and see if they towed it.

any word yet Bill?

Neither the State nor County towed it, and the nearest city limit for Newark is 3 miles away. They have no reason to come out this far. Nothing to report yet, and I've had at least one friend network through some shady characters to see what could be turned up. I'd say if it isn't found by the end of the weekend then it won't be seen again.

NoDrama43 03-30-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28HopUp (Post 33650)
Neither the State nor County towed it, and the nearest city limit for Newark is 3 miles away. They have no reason to come out this far. Nothing to report yet, and I've had at least one friend network through some shady characters to see what could be turned up. I'd say if it isn't found by the end of the weekend then it won't be seen again.

that sucks......