Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   91 Mississippi State Trooper Car (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6041)

90Coupe 06-20-2015 09:01 PM

91 Mississippi State Trooper Car

1 Attachment(s)
I recently picked up this 91 Mississippi Trooper Car VIN 1FACP40E6MF143555 which is in the registry of a group of 10 used by Mississippi in 91. As in the attached photo the roof, trunk lid and quarter were damaged by a falling tree. Torque boxes are also damaged from previous racing. The car is a roller but I have a 5.0 and AOD for it, the cluster and all body, engine and dash wiring are there. Interior complete but water damaged and nasty

I'm on the fence in deciding to repair / restore the car or part it out. What would you guys do with it??

smunczen 06-20-2015 10:25 PM

Looks like allot of time and money to fix it right. You have to ask yourself how much you really like the car.

kapracing 06-21-2015 08:47 AM

FIX IT... What are the odds of finding another. At least store it until someone can fix it. I would never part it out. In 10 more years people will be looking for cars like this to build and be happy to get them... ( maybe sooner). My two cents...

Notch50 06-21-2015 10:15 AM

I agree with Bobby, fix it! The damage to the top half looks worst than it actually is, the quarters can be salvaged and only the roof skin and braces look like they need to be replaced.

Drewstang 06-21-2015 12:28 PM

The roof is very simple once you get the headliner down and look at it. Welding a new section or even a new roof on would be a pretty easy event for someone skilled at body work. Torque boxes can be cut out and repaired or even rebuilt with a donor section. But, on the flipside thats alot of work and if you're not skilled or have a decent welder it can look like a mountain of work.

90Coupe 06-21-2015 01:54 PM

I'm with you guys on trying to save it, just wanted to gauge what others thought about tackling it. As Bobby stated the chances of finding another are very slim based on their total usage being so low in Mississippi, also the color combo is great! My wife doesn't get it but you guys do LOL.

Bullitt1609 06-22-2015 09:38 AM

Hi Ron. I agree with the above posts, fix it if you can. This is only the third Mississippi SSP I'm aware of that has surfaced. I know of another '91 that is essentially a drag car and we have the only '92 to surface thus far.

FlyinTiger 06-22-2015 09:41 AM

Glad you saved this one. I could never get the guy to contact me back.

I would definitely do everything you can to save it. Mississippi is one of the states that has virtually disappeared, when it comes to found cars. The big states will always dominate the SSP community. Yours would be the "I didn't know they used them", or "Never seen one of those before." Good luck. :thumbsup:

MOstang 06-22-2015 04:05 PM

That's a really rare SSP, so it deserves that treatment in spite of the time, money and effort that will be involved.

91ssp 06-28-2015 05:51 PM

Glad to see another MHP car has been found . I'm not 100% sure , but I believe this to be the car that was in Scooba for ahwile . Had a few people tell me about it , but no one could ever get me any info on it . One guy wouldn't give the info , he was looking to buy it . I heard a year or so later that a storm had dropped a tree on it . I think after these two cars were first taken out of service , they were both used for campus security at EMCC in Scooba . Both eventually fell into the hands of gear heads . Your car has a Neshoba county tag on it , I live in Winston county , which is one county north . Also , I think a guy named Brad used to own your car back around '97 or so . Can't remember his last name , but I worked with him at U.S. Motors in Philadelphia . Sure wish we could get info on the other eight '91s . It's really cool that these cars have consecutive vins .