Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Restoration-related Equipment Tech (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Pac Rt location (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276)

FHP813 04-02-2007 05:53 PM

Pac Rt location

Just got my Pac-Rt Today. Do we know how this was mounted in the FHP cars? What position in the trunk, not the way it was fastened.:D

ImEvil1 04-02-2007 07:33 PM

Bernie,

I don't have any in-service trunk pics, but I do have two sets of holes in my car. I can take a look and see if the holes match up with the Micor and PAC I have, but I think that these were just mounted directly to the trunk floor.

FHP813 04-02-2007 07:56 PM

OK I'll check mine. I think I'm going to remove the trunk mat for the shows instead of drilling through the mat. BTW the micor key fits the PAC.:thumbsup:

CHP 3705 04-02-2007 08:28 PM

Micor

I've got a Micor in my 88 FHP and the holes in the floor lined up perfectly with the Micor tray. On mine the holes were drilled through the trunk mat also. Mine was mounted on the passenger side of the trunk at an angle. Doug

ImEvil1 04-02-2007 09:03 PM

Doug,

Glad to hear about the Micor in your car...any holes for the repeater back there? My original carpet doesn't have the holes in it, so I'm going with Bernie's route. :)

Bernie,

Good deal on the key thing...learned something new.:takenotes:

FHP813 04-02-2007 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 1822)
Bernie,

Good deal on the key thing...learned something new.:takenotes:

Lucky for me cause it was locked...

w4ata 04-03-2007 12:51 AM

A lot of the pac-rt units were mounted on top of the micors and the 2135 motorola key fits just about all motorola units with the exception of some of the base and repeater cabinets. I'm not sure if it will fit the spectras or not but I'll check.
Bud

CHP 3705 04-03-2007 10:23 AM

Micor

[quote=ImEvil1;1822]Doug,

Glad to hear about the Micor in your car...any holes for the repeater back there? My original carpet doesn't have the holes in it, so I'm going with Bernie's route. :)

I.ve got a few extra holes back there I don't what their for. When I get it out of storage I will take some pics and post them. Maybe someone can tell me what their for. Doug

litsnsirn 04-04-2007 07:39 AM

I do not know specifically about FHP, but some people bolted the PAC/RT's to the top cover of the Micor, as long as the bolts are short enough, there is no problem. I suppose that they could have even Velcro'd it to the top.

A 2135 key fits just about everything /\/\. There are some rack cabinets that use a different key, I have a whole ring of keys that I take when I go to such a site, but I actually use them scarcely.

FHP813 04-04-2007 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well since we don't have a confirmed location, I think this is how I'm mounting mine.