Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Members' SSPs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   1982 CHP #0327 (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3965)

chp1982 05-13-2012 01:56 PM

I found the seats on CL. They came out of a low mile '86 Capri. They are comfy but I can't wait to get the original style French Vanilla seats back in.

Grab the weedwacker and get your dad's '82 out! Did he ever buy that maroon one?

chp1982 09-01-2012 05:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Two weeks turned into almost 4 months but after a long drive from DC the correct seats for 0327 finally made it to Atlanta yesterday. After a thorough cleaning and replacement of some hardware on the driver seat, they are installed along with much better looking kick panels, kick plates, and misc. trim pieces I got as well. From French Vanilla to Regatta Blue, to Sand Beige, and now finally back to French Vanilla!

MOstang 09-01-2012 05:17 PM

Looks great! :thumbsup:

chp1982 09-01-2012 05:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The driver seat needs some attention but the passenger seat is in superb condition. I was able to get the rears as well and decided to use the bottom as it was in better shape than my original. Being from a hatch, the top of the rear seat is near identical to the coupe's but will most likely be the donor for the driver seat. I couldn't be happier with the finished (for the time being) product and the fact that 0327 now has the last of the key parts it was missing when I got it.

chp1982 09-28-2012 10:49 PM

Safe For The Road

1 Attachment(s)
Over the past couple weeks a buddy and I have given 0327 some much needed attention. Rotors, pads, brake hoses, bearings, shocks, struts, sway bar end links, tires, coolant temp sensor, lower radiator hose, and a bunch of odds and ends from an '82 in the junkyard (thanks for the heads up Greg) including a charcoal canister, correct onion head strut mount, oil cap, radiator cap, and a hood emblem for good measure. The goal continues to be to use Motorcraft or original parts wherever possible.
The final pieces came together this morning when I picked up my virtually brand new BFG's, got them mounted, installed, and bled the brakes.
I took her out for a test drive tonight and wow, what an entirely different car! Everything works so well together. I really couldn't be more pleased with the outcome.

chp1982 09-28-2012 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Since the car was up in the air and apart, I took the opportunity to clean the underside. Absolutely everything was caked in dirt and grease but after hours upon hours of scrubbing and degreasing, 0327 weighs at least 3lbs less!

While I was scrubbing the gas tank I was surprised to see a shiny finish showing through. I ended up spending an hour on it alone and it looks great. I may have made a mistake by shining up the original duel tail pipe because it is now sticks out being the shiniest part on the entire car by far!
Some low quality pictures here but the difference before and after was huge.

chp1982 09-28-2012 11:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One more from the parking lot shake down run tonight.

CHP8336 09-29-2012 12:16 AM

Nice orig car!! Keep up the good work....:D

28HopUp 09-29-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHP8336 (Post 36897)
Nice orig car!! Keep up the good work....:D

Agreed! :)

John10608 09-29-2012 12:19 PM

You are doing a great job ! Keep up the good work !
It's a great feeling as it comes together !

Looks great ! Thanks for the pics !