Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Briefing Room (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Carfax (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6603)

MiCVPI 04-03-2017 10:43 PM

Carfax

Hello everyone.
I'd like to extend the offer of using my Carfax membership for your vehicle history report. I'd like to get the most for my money. If you need one please email me at bryancarfax@gmail.com with the VIN. The only catch is I'm not in front of my computer all day. It may take me 24 hours to get back with you.

Bryan

NoDrama43 04-03-2017 10:58 PM

Nice gesture Bryan...

ImEvil1 04-03-2017 11:10 PM

+1.

28HopUp 04-04-2017 09:57 AM

Thank you, Bryan. I appreciate the offer. I sent you an email with a handful of VINs for our VIN Project (searching for 1985 Utah cars). ;)

kapracing 04-05-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiCVPI (Post 55283)
Hello everyone.
I'd like to extend the offer of using my Carfax membership for your vehicle history report. I'd like to get the most for my money. If you need one please email me at bryancarfax@gmail.com with the VIN. The only catch is I'm not in front of my computer all day. It may take me 24 hours to get back with you.

Bryan

Are you able to do 11 digit vins?

kapracing 04-05-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiCVPI (Post 55283)
Hello everyone.

Bryan

Bryan,
Are you able to do 11 digit vins?

FoxChassis 04-05-2017 03:44 PM

Vehicle history report services such as CF, AC, etc. are only for 17-character VINs.

MiCVPI 04-05-2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoDrama43 (Post 55284)
Nice gesture Bryan...

Thank you. I figure its the least I can do. It's pretty awesome to have a site like this with one stop shopping for information and knowledge about these cars.

With that said I've run into a slight snag with Carfax. It seems the "unlimited" reports are in fact limited with regards to searching by VIN number. VIN searches are limited to five (5). Reports by license plate number are whats unlimited. I missed this in my haste to quickly check a VIN and register. I have contacted Carfax and I'm awaiting my options. I feel a bit foolish and misled, but ultimately I should have read a bit slower. I will let you know what happens.

ImEvil1 04-05-2017 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiCVPI (Post 55300)
Thank you. I figure its the least I can do. It's pretty awesome to have a site like this with one stop shopping for information and knowledge about these cars.

With that said I've run into a slight snag with Carfax. It seems the "unlimited" reports are in fact limited with regards to searching by VIN number. VIN searches are limited to five (5). Reports by license plate number are whats unlimited. I missed this in my haste to quickly check a VIN and register. I have contacted Carfax and I'm awaiting my options. I feel a bit foolish and misled, but ultimately I should have read a bit slower. I will let you know what happens.

You just reminded me. I had the same thing happen a little bit back. I emailed them and got absolutely nowhere. A complete waste of time.

Who runs Carfax reports by tag number anyway?

MiCVPI 04-05-2017 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 55302)
You just reminded me. I had the same thing happen a little bit back. I emailed them and got absolutely nowhere. A complete waste of time.

Who runs Carfax reports by tag number anyway?

Now I don't feel so bad. At least I'm not the only one. It must be a common occurrence. It is certainly misleading how its presented. So far I'm not impressed by their customer service.