Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Special Service Mustangs For Sale (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   1988 Pierce County Sheriff SSP - #1310 (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5963)

ImEvil1 10-26-2015 03:19 PM

Good luck, Bill.

28HopUp 10-26-2015 03:32 PM

Thanks Mike. I am not getting my hopes up about this one yet. I'm concerned that the seller may use shill bidders to ramp up the price of the auction. It's a shame because I am willing to buy this for the right price, but I am only going to spend so much.

There are a couple of other SSPs out there that I may pursue if this one falls through. I'd like something that I can get into for a decent price that I can enjoy driving/showing while making improvements along the way.

28HopUp 10-27-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28HopUp (Post 51655)
Thanks Mike. I am not getting my hopes up about this one yet. I'm concerned that the seller may use shill bidders to ramp up the price of the auction. It's a shame because I am willing to buy this for the right price, but I am only going to spend so much.

So there is recent bidding activity by someone with an ebay feedback of only 1. That sounds totally legit, right? Of course, a bidder who is friendly with the seller could have a feedback score in the thousands I suppose...

NoDrama43 10-27-2015 04:19 PM

we shill see........

memba 1 9 8 ?

MOstang 10-27-2015 09:28 PM

It would be nice to see it end up with an SSP hobbyist.

28HopUp 10-28-2015 09:32 AM

I called the number in the ebay ad so that I could ask a couple of questions. There are no good interior shots of the car in the listing, and there are no details about the car in the description (other than saying that SSP Mustangs are the #1 investment opportunity in the galaxy!). I want to make sure that the car still has the police equipment installed, and the sale includes the lightbar and magnetic markings. I just called (you know, during what I would consider normal business hours), and the answering machine kicked on. The seller is actually a golf cart retailer. I don't mind folks making a living for themselves, but that place is certainly not a MUSEUM like the previous owner in Washington was told.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOstang (Post 51681)
It would be nice to see it end up with an SSP hobbyist.

I agree. The price is inching closer and closer to my max bid. Although I said I would hold fast, I will need to decide if I want to offer up a little more or make a play on another interesting SSP (if that window of opportunity is still open).

28HopUp 10-28-2015 09:44 AM

Well, I finally got a hold of the seller. The police equipment has been removed and is NOT included in the sale. :thumbsdown: He gave me an out-the-door price WITH the equipment, in which case he would end the ebay listing early. The price is not ridiculous, but I'm not sure if I would go that high either. Decisions... Decisions...

kapracing 10-28-2015 09:57 AM

:popcorn1: :popcorn1:

EXNODRAMANOTCH 10-28-2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28HopUp (Post 51682)
Although I said I would hold fast, I will need to decide if I want to offer up a little more or make a play on another interesting SSP (if that window of opportunity is still open).

Waiting on a call today that may start that window on a downward path.

kapracing 10-28-2015 02:31 PM

:eek: