Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rebuild vs. Reman (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=737)

FHP0665 11-09-2007 03:47 PM

I really would like the experience to "rebuild" the entire car myself but hell, if I was going to do that, I'd be painting it to and that's not going to happen in a residential neighborhood. I'm just an average joe so I don't think I'll get in on any jobber pricing but I do appreciate you looking more into it for me. At thoses prices even with shipping, I don't think I'll find much better.

FHP0665 11-09-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintageracer (Post 5401)
Shipping just quoted to one member on this site from Orlando Florida to Nashville at $125.00 and $125.00 for the return of the reman engine to Orlando. If you are near you can bring YOUR engine to Nashville.

I'm sure that was me he was refering to. I actually have a brother that lives about an hour outside of Nashville which would be a good excuse to visit him but I don't have the truck to haul it in, he does... lol.

Vintageracer 11-09-2007 04:04 PM

Yes, He was referring to you!

Vintageracer 11-09-2007 04:08 PM

Since a core or engine you ship to rebuild will be bare down to the assembled long block, you could remove the heads which will make the short block fit in the trunk of most cars. It's heavy but possible!

FHP0665 11-09-2007 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintageracer (Post 5405)
Since a core or engine you ship to rebuild will be bare down to the assembled long block, you could remove the heads which will make the short block fit in the trunk of most cars. It's heavy but possible!

My other car is a Ram-Air TA hatchback... it would at least be entertaining to the other people on the roadway :Wow:

I could probably borrow someones truck if it came down to it but with gas over $3 a gallon now... it would probably pay just to ship it. With the rebuild they do, does that include the heads as well? He did mention long block so I assumed so.

Vintageracer 11-09-2007 04:29 PM

Yes, You will receive your original long block assembled, remanufactured, ready to to paint and install. Also included are any additional gaskets required to finish assembly/installation of your engine in your car and detailed starting procedures.

FHP0665 11-09-2007 04:42 PM

Sweet... again, thanks for the help!

Winterpark SSP 11-11-2007 02:48 PM

VIN Restamped

The easiest way to slove this dilema is get the rebuild as they are most cost effective and have a warranty. There are no inconveniences as having to borrow tools, order parts and ask friend for favors. Then have the VIN restamped. Problem solved.

Even the purists would not know!

Good Luck!

Barry

ImEvil1 11-11-2007 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winterpark SSP (Post 5471)
The easiest way to slove this dilema is get the rebuild as they are most cost effective and have a warranty. There are no inconveniences as having to borrow tools, order parts and ask friend for favors. Then have the VIN restamped. Problem solved.

Even the purists would not know!

Good Luck!

Barry

Not only is restamping the VIN on a block unethical, it can also be illegal (depending on the circumstances).

86NeSSP 11-11-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 5472)
Not only is restamping the VIN on a block unethical, it can also be illegal (depending on the circumstances).

Kind of what I was thinking.

Matt