Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Special Service Mustangs For Sale (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   1991 LSP(?) SSP Dallas Craigslist (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4086)

03cobra 02-20-2012 01:06 PM

1991 LSP(?) SSP Dallas Craigslist

I know this car very well and have quite a few pictures of this car if anybody is intrested. The owner is finally selling it.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/2820011038.html

28HopUp 02-20-2012 01:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quoting the ad for posterity -

Quote:

1991 Ford Mustang Coupe SSP - $6000 (Arlington)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2012-02-14, 9:57AM CST
Reply to: h2xkg-2820011038@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1991 Ford Mustang Coupe SSP

Hello. I have had several calls and questions on this car. I have added detailed information that should help potential buyers. The DSO number for this car is 26 0171. Based on the condition of this car, I believe the milage to be original currently reading 65,xxxx. How many foxes have a working ashtray door?I have had several offcers for trades. Thanks but I am not interested.

This vehicle is equipped like all other 5.0 LX Coupes and has the following factory police options:

Engine 5.0 HO v8 with sequential multiport injection
Forged pistons, roller cam
Engine oil cooler
Aircraft-type silicone radiator hoses and clamps
4 speed AOD transmission
auto transmission fluid cooler
brakes, power disk front/drum rear with rotor shields
Stainless steel factory headers
Dual exhaust system with stainless tips
Fuel tank capacity-15.4 gallons
Heavy duty stabilizer bars, front and rear
Full instrumentation with in-dash tachometer
130 AMP Heavy Duty alternator
2 piece vascar speedometer cable
Certified Calibrated Police Speedomter 0-160 MPH
Non operational courtesy lights (safety feature)
Steering wheel, leather wrapped
Relocated rear deck release from glovebox
Single key locking doors/trunk
Reinforced floor pans
Full size spare tire
15 x 8 cast aluminum wheels
Anti RFI bonding straps

This vehicle was painted 2 years ago, has custom exhaust, factory radio, and even the ashtray door works! I replaced the radiator about a month ago. This is not a clone! The car has clear corners on the headlights. This car is clean inside and out. I have a Mustang Milestones magazine that advised that these cars will be more desirable/collectable than the Cobras of this era. This car is believed to be an unmarked supervisor's car. There was not a lightbar mounted on top of this car. The holes for the interior siren, MDC, and radio are still inside the car. This is one of the cleanest Fox Mustangs you will find. Please contact me with any questions at 214-762-4376. Thanks for your time and interest in my item.

This car is the last one in a 5-car grouping of consecutive VIN's.

03cobra 02-20-2012 03:35 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Heres some of the pictures. Hope it helps.

03cobra 02-20-2012 03:55 PM

10 Attachment(s)
More pictures

28HopUp 02-21-2012 10:44 AM

Thanks for posting the add'l pictures, Jason! :)

28HopUp 11-20-2014 04:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I believe this car is for sale again on CL -

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4724762852.html

Quote:

1991 Ford Mustang Coupe SSP - $6250 (DFW)

The DSO number for this car is 26 0171.

This vehicle is equipped like all other 5.0 LX Coupes and has the following factory police options:

Engine 5.0 HO v8 with sequential multiport injection
Forged pistons, roller cam
Engine oil cooler
Aircraft-type silicone radiator hoses and clamps
4 speed AOD transmission
auto transmission fluid cooler
brakes, power disk front/drum rear with rotor shields
Stainless steel factory headers
Dual exhaust system with stainless tips
Fuel tank capacity-15.4 gallons
Heavy duty stabilizer bars, front and rear
Full instrumentation with in-dash tachometer
130 AMP Heavy Duty alternator
2 piece vascar speedometer cable
Certified Calibrated Police Speedomter 0-160 MPH
Non operational courtesy lights (safety feature)
Steering wheel, leather wrapped
Relocated rear deck release from glovebox
Single key locking doors/trunk
Reinforced floor pans
Full size spare tire
15 x 8 cast aluminum wheels
Anti RFI bonding straps

This is not a clone! The car has clear corners on the headlights. This car is clean inside and out. I have a Mustang Milestones magazine that advised that these cars will be more desirable/collectable than the Cobras of this era. This car is believed to be an unmarked supervisor's car. There was not a lightbar mounted on top of this car. The holes for the interior siren, MDC, and radio are still inside the car. This is one of the cleanest Fox Mustangs you will find. Please contact me with any questions at 817-659-0115. Thanks for your time and interest in my item.]

The phone number is different than the ad from 2012. MF160828 is listed in our VIN Project -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info160828.htm

scoutdrivinrebel 11-22-2014 02:33 PM

So close...but I'm not a fan AODs. Wish it was a 5 speed.

FlyinTiger 11-22-2014 09:02 PM

I do not see anything, other than a New Orleans DSO, that would prove this car to be LSP. A few local agencies, like NOPD, had some running around. LSP only had '89 & '93's. I have seen another, years ago, with a 26 DSO and blue, that was supposedly DEA. Someone should see if the state inventory tag is present in the glove box.

zeedak69 11-22-2014 11:12 PM

I looked into this one two/three years ago & all I could find was it was a New Orleans car....... Not 100% sure because of my fading memory. Mike

28HopUp 11-23-2014 09:15 AM

Thanks for the input, guys! Mike, I hear ya about the memory thing. MF160827 and MF160828 were both added to the Project 2.5 years ago. I do not have any notes on either of these cars to reference, but I am a creature of habit when it comes to the Project. I had the pages worded as "LOUISIANA" and not Louisiana State Police, which tells me that the Buck Tags reportedly only listed the State name. We have seen before where Buck Tags said "CALIFORNIA" that were not CHP cars but had actually been ordered by the State for unknown uses. The same could be true on this car.

Since MF160827 has a Marti Report and was added at the same time as MF160828, that means (to me) that we used the Marti Report to confirm both cars as SSP Mustangs because the Buck Tags were unclear. Since we still cannot confirm what agency used this car, I changed the pages to "LOUISIANA (unconfirmed)". Thanks again!