Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Restoration-related Equipment Tech (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   SCHP Photos (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=471)

Unmrkd 07-11-2007 08:41 PM

SCHP Photos

I'm seeking any interior/equipment photos for '87 - '93 South Carolina Mustangs. I know they used a "Kustom" radar unit and I have been able to obtain one. I need to see the placement/brackets for it.

Also if anyone has verifiable info as to what radio/s were used and the associated placement/brackets, that would be most helpful.

I've got the exterior paint/markings nailed down, now I need the interior equipment details. Many thanks.

ImEvil1 07-11-2007 09:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gregg,

I'm thinking that the brackets seen in this car were just screwed down to the top of the flat part of the dash. The switchbox looks like it was also mounted to a bracket. I'll look through some more footage and see if I can get a good shot of the radio (and placement).

Unmrkd 07-11-2007 10:09 PM

Thanks Mike. I have wrestled with that photo and it's like I keep wanting to turn on a light in a dimly lit room. You know what you want is there but you just can't quite see enough detail. :confused: Thanks for posting it up, I'll keep going over it.

mustangretriever 07-12-2007 10:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the picture with the lighting adjusted, does this help? You can see the type of radar control box, switch box and Motorola radio from the lightened photo. They may have ran the siren off the Motorola radio since these radios were capable of that.

NoDrama43 07-12-2007 10:58 AM

looks like a code three switch box possibly. like the ones in the later texas cars?

NoDrama43 07-12-2007 10:59 AM

gregg, when i get back I can check for holes in my 93. it is untouched since it came out of service and still has the radar bracket mounted in it. I will let you know what i find.

ImEvil1 07-12-2007 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoDrama43 (Post 3393)
looks like a code three switch box possibly. like the ones in the later texas cars?

It's a Whelen...and I think I sent him the link to one of those already.

Eric,

What radio do you see there? (help me out) :)

mustangretriever 07-12-2007 12:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 3395)
Eric,

What radio do you see there? (help me out) :)

It looks like a Motorola Specta, I circled it in red. Yes, no, maybe?

jarhed123 07-12-2007 05:48 PM

In my department we velcro down the radar units to the dash. This one could be with velcro?

ImEvil1 07-12-2007 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangretriever (Post 3396)
It looks like a Motorola Specta, I circled it in red. Yes, no, maybe?

Your eyes are better than mine. :)

I'm not sure...but it definitely looks like something is there.