Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Members' SSPs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   1982 CHP #0327 (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3965)

ImEvil1 05-20-2017 12:07 AM

I think I have a couple extras also.

Steve 05-20-2017 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoDrama43 (Post 55578)
Steve is that a CA item only?

I have several early 5.0 motors that are complete with manifolds. I can check them to see if I have one on any of those motors.

I don't know if it is CA only. It would be located at the end of the driver's side exhaust manifold, between the manifold and the exhaust pipe.

Steve 05-20-2017 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 55581)
I think I have a couple extras also.

I sure am in the market for one if you have one to sell. I found out today the company I ordered online from has no stock either and won't because the manufacturer has discontinued. These things are scarcer than hen's teeth, or a genuinely honest politician in Washington D.C.

ImEvil1 05-20-2017 11:35 AM

If I have an extra, you can have it. I will try to get over there this weekend and take a look.

ImEvil1 05-23-2017 12:04 PM

Steve,

Made it over there yesterday to check. I have extra manifolds, but not extra valves. Sorry about that. I was sure I had a box with extras.

chp1982 05-23-2017 02:04 PM

A member on FEP came through with one for the cost of shipping. Hopefully shipping out today.

ImEvil1 05-23-2017 04:00 PM

Good deal!

Steve 05-25-2017 08:33 PM

Thanks, Mike, and everyone who responded. Through the efforts of chp1982 I was able to get one. A used one, but it works, and should do the job. I am going into the shop tomorrow morning at 8 am to bring it in. With what it took to find it I almost feel like bringing in a trumpet or bugle to announce to the shop (and the city) the arrival of the coveted Exhaust Gas Riser valve, which had stopped the project dead in the water.

I sincerely appreciate the advice, assistance, and help I have been fortunate to receive from members of this forum. The restoration of 0327 (and virtual reincarnation of 0255) would not be happening without it.

I had, through the internet, looked all over the country and the world to try to find a nos part. I had said that these things are about as hard to find as a genuinely honest politician in D.C. So my faith in politicians is restored!!!...just kidding...I wouldn't go quite that far...:D

NoDrama43 05-25-2017 08:38 PM

excellent Steve. Hopefully all will go well.

Steve 06-01-2017 09:52 PM

0327 Is Now California legal!

Got a call this afternoon from the shop. 0327 has now passed the California smog test. It wasn't easy; it took that heat riser part chp1982 found, changeout and correct routing of all vacuum hoses, tuneup, and replacing all 3 CAT converters.

I will pick it up tomorrow; have an appointment next week at the DMV to complete registration as a historical vehicle.

After that it will be a drive to Santa Clara, CA for a visit to the differential shop, then I will take it by my buddy's body shop to show him so he can schedule it for body and paint. That will be the most difficult part as his shop is busy and it may be there for a while.

With a little luck it will be ready for the Ripon Emergency Vehicle show in October, which is the premiere event in Northern California.