Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   SSP Servere Duty Supplement and Window Sticker (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=684)

Winterpark SSP 10-24-2007 07:21 AM

SSP Servere Duty Supplement and Window Sticker

Gentelmen,

I hope all of you are well. Since I took possesion of the Winterpark SSP I have done the following: (all OEM parts)
*Plugs, wires, PCV Valve, distributor cap and rotor, fuel and air filters.
*Flushed tranny and replaced filter. Refilled with synthetic fluid.
*Flushed radiator and replced coolant bottle and cap.
*Flushed power steering resavoir and replaced with synthetic fluid.
*Flushed brake fluid.
*New rear shocks.
*OEM head, marker and turn signals.
*Powder coated plenum & valve covers.
*New alternator (130 amp G1) as original was stained/dirty.

As you can see I plan on making this a 9 point car. I am looking for the Severe Duty or Special Service Manual Supplement for the 1993 cars as well as a window sticker reproduction. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! A special thanks to Dave Philipkoski and others who have been so much help!

Best,
Barry

Unmrkd 10-24-2007 07:46 AM

Barry, did you change out the small screen element in the intake manifold under the PCV valve? Occasionally it will become plugged and the internal pressure will cause the valve cover and or oil pan gaskets to leak. Very nice car, I hope you will enjoy it.

ImEvil1 10-24-2007 10:25 AM

Barry,

I can check on the '93 Insert this evening. I had a few extras, but I listed a couple of them recently on eBay...I'm not sure if I have any others or not.

As for the window sticker...There's a guy on eBay doing reproduction stickers, but I don't have his name. There's supposed to be a thread over on Corral.net about it, so you may be able to find him via that site.

Winterpark SSP 10-24-2007 02:35 PM

Thank You. I ordered the screen through Ford today, as the plenum is already off. I appreciate all your advice and input!

Best,

Barry

Unmrkd 10-24-2007 10:02 PM

That screen, as small as it is, can cause some big problems when plugged up. I'm glad you were able to catch it when you did. It's a pain to change when everything is hooked up. Good luck.

Winterpark SSP 10-25-2007 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 4906)
Barry,

I can check on the '93 Insert this evening. I had a few extras, but I listed a couple of them recently on eBay...I'm not sure if I have any others or not.

As for the window sticker...There's a guy on eBay doing reproduction stickers, but I don't have his name. There's supposed to be a thread over on Corral.net about it, so you may be able to find him via that site.

Any luck with the insert? If so, you can email me direct at beterginio@yahoo.com I can send payment via check, money order or PayPal, whatever is best for you. THANK YOU!

ImEvil1 10-25-2007 11:53 AM

Sorry...forgot to reply.

I don't have a spare, but I'll keep an eye out for one for you.

Winterpark SSP 11-13-2007 11:55 PM

Thanks!!