Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Members' SSPs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   1985 Florida Highway Patrol #1422 (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3483)

EXNODRAMANOTCH 07-19-2011 07:32 PM

Great space Jim! Can't wait to see it completed.:thumbsup:

NoDrama43 07-19-2011 09:25 PM

thanks. I built it in 2006....hopefully it won't take me another 5 years to get it done. I retire in 4 years and that is my target date to have everything finished and ready for full time restoration projects. This weeks project is going to be a trial run on a few things.....

ChrisL 07-20-2011 10:52 AM

The barn is looking fantastic Jim! Can't wait to see pictures from the SSP weekend!

ImEvil1 07-26-2011 09:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jim posted up a bunch of pics in his Fotki.

My camera didn't survive the trip up for some reason. The pics I do have were courtesy of Bernie's camera.

Here was the first surprise:

The car hit something (low) that tweaked the core support. Think concrete bollard, like they use in parking lots.

ImEvil1 07-26-2011 09:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought I had a pic or two of the quarter damage, but it looks like I don't.

The only other bad spot on the whole car is the passenger fender apron. I need to buy a couple of these, since the '83 DPS car is in worse shape than this one.

ImEvil1 07-26-2011 09:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The underside of the car looks just as nice as my '93. The column and dash have never been out of the car.

The car came apart way easier than anything else I've ever worked on. I can't wait for the paint guy to get started.

Jim is getting the rotisserie lined up. As soon as the paint guy gets the core support drilled and replaced, it's going on the rotisserie and then getting soda-blasted.

Here's another pic. It's Bernie and I taking out the dash.

ImEvil1 07-26-2011 09:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One of Jim under the car...

FHP813 07-26-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 27990)
The underside of the car looks just as nice as my '93. The column and dash have never been out of the car.

The car came apart way easier than anything else I've ever worked on. I can't wait for the paint guy to get started.

Jim is getting the rotisserie lined up. As soon as the paint guy gets the core support drilled and replaced, it's going on the rotisserie and soda-blasted.

Here's another pic. It's Bernie and I taking out the dash.

Why do I look so mad? lol.

ImEvil1 07-26-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FHP813 (Post 27992)
Why do I look so mad? lol.

That's a "hurry up and take it, Jim....it's friggin' hot" look. ;)

ImEvil1 11-25-2011 09:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Car is back from blasting. The decklid is toast due to some rust issues, and the only other bad spots are the inner apron and front core support near the headlight (passenger side). Both quarters have damage, and the passenger side will be replaced. Luckily, I'll be picking up an NOS apron from Matt @ Fox Mustang Resto tomorrow at the Columbus Super Swap. I'd been looking for a good one for a couple of months, and he just happened to list one on eBay a few days ago.

I'll post more pics when I get home.