Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   '85 CSP "EVOC" Car (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5726)

Bullitt1609 09-18-2014 09:17 PM

We're on the fence about it. Originally, we were looking for a CSP that would have been marked in-service. But this car is very intriguing. Major Bratt responded that he'll certainly see what he can dig up for me. Fingers crossed.

EXNODRAMANOTCH 09-18-2014 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullitt1609 (Post 47746)
We're on the fence about it. Originally, we were looking for a CSP that would have been marked in-service. But this car is very intriguing. Major Bratt responded that he'll certainly see what he can dig up for me. Fingers crossed.

I can see from a museum standpoint where marked cars would probably be a better draw than unmarked ones (except for minimal marked ones like the MSP SSP of course). :D

Bullitt1609 09-19-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EXNODRAMANOTCH (Post 47753)
I can see from a museum standpoint where marked cars would probably be a better draw than unmarked ones (except for minimal marked ones like the MSP SSP of course). :D

Our thoughts exactly. Well, the MSP is marked on one side. :thumbsup:

Bullitt1609 09-24-2014 02:41 PM

Just spoke with Major Bratt. After speaking with numerous officers, he said he was able to confirm this was ordered specifically for Chief Dempsey. It was later sent to the troop in Rifle and used as a training car. To his knowledge, this was the only non-white Mustang ordered by the CSP. :2thumbs:

ImEvil1 09-24-2014 02:49 PM

Good deal. I was hoping he'd be able to confirm it for you.

nighthawk756 09-24-2014 04:14 PM

Great news!! :2thumbs:

Soooooooooo, is it coming to Alabama?? :)

kapracing 09-24-2014 05:27 PM

:popcorn1:

MOstang 09-24-2014 08:12 PM

Major Bratt of the CSP was at my house Saturday with another fellow (the one who bought my B4C Camaro). He showed me the pics you had emailed him...I said oh the ones that Jonathon Powell emailed to you . He was a very pleasant man to visit with and a real car guy! He mentioned thinking it was their Chief (I think that was the term he used) Mustang vehicle. Is that what he got back to you with, Jonathon. By the way, the Major has a very cool (and unusual color) Charger (unmarked) assigned to him . Sounds like he and the CSP may get involved with next summer's show in Colorado Springs, CO.

Bullitt1609 10-28-2014 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MOstang (Post 47860)
Major Bratt of the CSP was at my house Saturday with another fellow (the one who bought my B4C Camaro). He showed me the pics you had emailed him...I said oh the ones that Jonathon Powell emailed to you . He was a very pleasant man to visit with and a real car guy! He mentioned thinking it was their Chief (I think that was the term he used) Mustang vehicle. Is that what he got back to you with, Jonathon. By the way, the Major has a very cool (and unusual color) Charger (unmarked) assigned to him . Sounds like he and the CSP may get involved with next summer's show in Colorado Springs, CO.

I apologize for the delayed response Mike. I actually spoke with Major Bratt after his visit with you; he mentioned that he had. He stated that from the individuals he spoke with, all corroborated the story of this being Chief Dempsey's car, then was used as a training vehicle at their post in Rifle.

It finally made it. Not the best picture with the angle of the sun though.

ChrisL 10-28-2014 02:19 PM

Wow, that's incredible!!!! Very nice! What a story and car!