Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   93 MSHP headed to MN for re-paint to original color (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1944)

MOstang 06-18-2009 09:01 PM

93 MSHP headed to MN for re-paint to original color

3 Attachment(s)
Hello,

Thought I'd share that my 1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP is (finally) headed off to be stripped and repainted back to its original white color wore while in-service. Some of you are aware it had been a DARE car for 11 years after service with the MSHP. See last picture attached, which was provided to me by the actual MSHP Trooper assigned. I was fortunate enough to meet him in person.

I got tired of waiting around for shop here in Michigan to take the car in to begin that transformation...so I decided to send it back to Minnesota (where my family and I lived for about 6 years before moving here) and to the shop that did all the work on my 1969 Mach I. In the end I think this will work better since their work quality is a known commodity to me.

Should have done this months ago since it will have only taken me about 1 week from when I spoke with shop in Minnesota to when they have the car and begin stripping it down. I'm told the job should last about month and a half. God willing it will be in that ballpark and not turn into long drawn out paint jail as some others have recently experienced.

After paint is done it will come back to Michigan and all the electronics, etc. (presently standing by waiting) will be installed and I'll have at least finished all the hard (and expensive) work on the car.

Will keep folks posted and share additional photos on the progress as they become available. With a little bit of luck, I may make a debut of the car at one of the local Mustang shows in late August or early September.

FHP813 06-18-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpatte5 (Post 14426)
Hello,

Thought I'd share that my 1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP is (finally) headed off to be stripped and repainted back to its original white color wore while in-service. Some of you are aware it had been a DARE car for 11 years after service with the MSHP. See last picture attached, which was provided to me by the actual MSHP Trooper assigned. I was fortunate enough to meet him in person.

I got tired of waiting around for shop here in Michigan to take the car in to begin that transformation...so I decided to send it back to Minnesota (where my family and I lived for about 6 years before moving here) and to the shop that did all the work on my 1969 Mach I. In the end I think this will work better since their work quality is a known commodity to me.

Should have done this months ago since it will have only taken me about 1 week from when I spoke with shop in Minnesota to when they have the car and begin stripping it down. I'm told the job should last about month and a half. God willing it will be in that ballpark and not turn into long drawn out paint jail as some others have recently experienced.

After paint is done it will come back to Michigan and all the electronics, etc. (presently standing by waiting) will be installed and I'll have at least finished all the hard (and expensive) work on the car.

Will keep folks posted and share additional photos on the progress as they become available. With a little bit of luck, I may make a debut of the car at one of the local Mustang shows in late August or early September.

Nice, always an exciting time. :thumbsup:

ImEvil1 06-18-2009 09:47 PM

I love these threads....thanks for keeping us posted on the progress.

28HopUp 06-18-2009 09:55 PM

Glad you have a shop where you already have a relationship. This is my first time using the shop I am for my CHP. And frankly, I was using my SSP to test their work. My 66 Mustang needs body work and paint too.

Best of luck while she's away. Hope the time flies by quickly...

Winterpark SSP 06-20-2009 08:21 AM

Nice!

I cannot wait to see the progress pics!

MOstang 06-20-2009 12:47 PM

Gentleman - Thank you and I'll be sure to post some additional pictures as they become available.

SparkSVT 06-20-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpatte5 (Post 14443)
Gentleman - Thank you and I'll be sure to post some additional pictures as they become available.

Way to go Mike! Great thread and I look foward to seeing pictures of its progress. :2thumbs:

MOstang 06-29-2009 04:10 PM

Progress Stripping 93 MSHP SSP

2 Attachment(s)
Hello,

My 93 MSHP SSP has been at the restoration shop for 1 week now. Thought that I'd share a couple photos of progress stripping it down prior to returning it to the original white color. Paint on the car is presently about 3/4 stripped. Thank you.

28HopUp 06-29-2009 08:50 PM

Thanks for the pics!

MOstang 07-02-2009 06:28 PM

More Progress w/93 MO State Hwy. Patrol SSP

3 Attachment(s)
Moving right along...some more photos to share. Now 100% stripped.