Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   1990 Colorado State Patrol unit 237 (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2421)

NoDrama43 01-19-2010 10:29 PM

1990 Colorado State Patrol unit 237

1 Attachment(s)
On December 9th Don (2stangs8689) arrived on the site and talked about his 90 CSP car. Don was looking for a car to build for his wife but after buying this car he decided it should be restored. On a hunch I called him a week later and after talking with him about 30 minutes he agreed to sell me the car as he did not have room to store it at this time. He bought another coupe to build and we waited till after the holidays for me to drive up and get this car.

The car was ordered by CSP on 12/01/89 from Phil Long Ford. CSP received the car in March 1990. This car was not placed into service until February 13, 1992. It was stationed out of Durango . The car was then sold at aution on 4/22/95 with only 80,222 miles.

When I purchased the car it came with a file folder containing original CSP documents about this car. These documents are scanned and on my Fotki album for review. All equipment that was installed in the car is documented including the roll bar, shotgun rack, radios, vascar, light bar etc. The documents are all originals from CSP, not copies. Also included in the docs are the original MSO from Ford Motor Company, and copies of every title ever issued to the vin# since the car was produced. I asked Don on the phone one day if there was anything in the glove box on the car and he said he didn't know since he had never looked in it. A couple days later he called to let me know the original warranty card, owners manual and supplements, were all in the glove box. Also included with the car is the original CSP key fob with unit number on it.

Options on the car are minimal. Manual doors and locks, rear defrost, single key locking, 5 speed, and Vascar speedo cable. The car has the original paint on it which is excellent. It retains all original body panels except for the hood. There is no rust anywhere on this car. It has both buc tags, original speedo cluster and is showing 120k miles. The holes where the CSP roll bar was attached are present. The car retains the two CSP standard 5" spotlights installed by the dealer.

Here is a pic and I am updating my Fotki album so the rest of the pics are there. Be sure and view the documents as they are a very interesting. A big thanks to Don for giving me the opportunity to own the car.

scoutdrivinrebel 01-19-2010 10:44 PM

Awesome. :cool:

Unmrkd 01-19-2010 11:05 PM

Maybe a "Build Sheet" this time. Got my fingers crossed for ya!:thumbsup:

stadair 01-19-2010 11:22 PM

Very nice.

NoDrama43 01-19-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unmrkd (Post 17910)
Maybe a "Build Sheet" this time. Got my fingers crossed for ya!:thumbsup:

blue interior was swapped out for 1992 titanium. I am not even gonna take the time to look for it. If it is there I will find it when I do the resto.

ssp91ssp 01-19-2010 11:47 PM

Sweet car ! congarts ..
keep us posted on updates .

ssp91ssp
Hector

jpargo 01-20-2010 12:08 AM

Jim great find...congrats!

ImEvil1 01-20-2010 12:08 AM

Congrats and welcome to the club. :cheers:

28HopUp 01-20-2010 07:30 AM

Nice score! All of that add'l documentation makes it even sweeter!
:dancingbanana:

MOstang 01-20-2010 08:50 PM

The documentation on your new car is "crazy"...of course "crazy" is a good thing in this case! Congrats on adding this car to your stable (pun intended with the cool barn). Pretty cool all of that paperwork stayed with the car from the State. :Wow: