Thread: SMPV Mustangs?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 11:12 AM

Default Good Morning All!!!

Well, having slept on it and giving my situationsome more thought, I'm inclined to do NOTHING!

Well, sort of. Without verifying documentation, the best proof I have to the car being a SMPV is the layered paint, so repainting the car now would be foolish IMO. Although the current paint job could best be described as a "20-footer", repainting the car now would be a mistake. I MAY decide later to repaint it (and take pics as the paint comes off) in SMPV colors (matching the silver & white underneath). Or I could paint the entire car in that matching silver, and let another owner worry about repainting the doors white if they so choose.

But without having documentation, and the fact that the car is not exactly 100% stock, I figure I can still address other aesthetic needs of the car to make it more enjoyable (i.e. interior and weatherstripping).

I wonder if the CHP has an FOP Lodge (or similar organization)? My thinking would be to contact their Lodge and see about placing an ad in their newsletter to solicit info from officers who used SSP's in their duties. Has anybody tried that before?

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!