View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 10:31 PM
87 Delaware SSP Owner

Default Thank you guys so my. I like this site !

Bill & Mike,

Thank you so much for all the help you guys and the rest of the SSP community provided me with. I love Mustangs a lot, but this one is a really special Mustang that has a lot of history to it. I just got this SSP 3 weeks ago and I had no Idea how rare this car is. The owner told me it was a Delaware police car. He didnt tell me it was a State police car with a orginal title . I did some futher reseach on the net after I bought it. I lucked out. The car hasnt run since 2002. The guy said it might need a motor. When I got it I looked it over and found 3 shorted relays. One was in the motor compartment and one was located by the computer "ECM". Now the car has spark and fresh gas.........put.....put......BANG with 235k on the clock. It left dual posi marks down my two year old driveway.Runs great now.
To make a long story short, last summer I did a air conditioning service call at one of my customers and seen the mustang laying in the drive way. This winter he lost his job at Citi Bank and gave me a call up wondering if I wanted to buy the car. The following weekend it was in my driveway for $1600. This car is all stock right down to the black 10 hole rims. The car has dark blue paint with blue cloth interior. The auto trans is a so-so but will remain the same. I plan on restoring it back to orignal state as if it was still in service with Delaware. I have about 90% of the parts now thanks to ebay, foxbody restore and others. The car should be completed by mid summer. I will keep everybody posted with picture and info when the snow clears here. Thanks again, Brian