View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac88chp View Post
That's where I think my info came from but through what was put up on the VIN registry at the other site early on when office assignment was still shown. From that source E435238 (last 5 VIN# = 211303) clearly shows Coalinga. There appear to be some obvious input mistakes on that list however so it would be nice to see it put up online again in a cleaner form for the record.
Probably just an error typing, like you mentioned.

Predator and I talked about putting something together to show representative VIN ranges, backed up with pics of the door decals that show the VIN and DSO for a given order.

I think that the problem with that "VIN registry", other than the minor mistakes and not being updated regularly, is that it's extrememly difficult to compile and manage a large number of VINs, much less 15K +/- of them. Also, the theory about the VIN numbers being consecutive isn't always true, and I see lots of "your car is outside the range" comments which may be wrong. As an example, in the '89 paperwork I looked at last night, E433142, an '89 assigned to Central Division, has VIN 201827. That is definitely outside the "range". FHP orders for '93 were like that, with several different batches, and who knows how many other orders were also.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363