View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 12:11 PM
The White Fred Sanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
I doubt he'll see that, but I guess anything is possible.

It is what it is....an original, low mileage AL DPS car. If originality and low mileage are important to you, and having a rare care from an agency that didn't use many, then this one may be for you.

I haven't seen the car up close since 2004 or 2005; they both looked pretty good back then.

I think it's funny that people (on ORG) are jumping all over this guy for coming here to sell the car for such a high price. The market will determine what it ultimately sells for and where else was he supposed to list it? The dealers sell their cars at dealerships, not supermarkets. He didn't post here that he bought it for $500 and is selling it for $10K. He was lucky, has the car, and is trying to get top $$$ for it, which is exactly what dealers and flippers do. Does anyone know what he paid for them?

If he doesn't sell it, I'm sure we'll see the price come down.
Best of luck to the guy selling them....I don't care if someone is making a profit but be honest about the sale. For example..."Stored in an air conditioned garage" when we all know they were sitting in a carport. This guy probably wasn't aware that some of us here knew more about these cars than he did. Things that definitely aren't helping him are the used car sales pitch talk and the fact that you give a price and then jack it up....sign of no ethics there since a mans word is his bond .

With that said I spoke with the guy who actually bought these cars for the recently passed owner last year who gave me lots of information on the cars and he stated that the mileage was over 100K but that these were nicely taken care of cars. This guy also stated that "nobody knew how to buy them" which is also an untruth...it was well known that the owner wouldn't sell them but once he passed his son would sell them quickly...which appears to be the case, this guy just got lucky to be in the right place at the right time....good for him, everyone needs a lucky break from time to time .

Bottom line...Profit is not a dirty word. I've flipped cars before and hold no ill feelings toward anyone doing the same. However...don't blow smoke up people's skirt and stand by your word...if you put a price on something...stick to it, don't turn around and start jacking up the price because you have a lot of interest.

I sold an AR15 not long ago and priced it too cheap for current market value...but it was a little more than I had in it. Instead of changing my mind and jacking up the price I sold it as agreed and stood by my word. To me that is the honorable thing to do.

But again...best of luck but he would do better to lose the used car sales pitch and stand by his word