View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 03:14 PM

The Alabama SSP's are pretty rare, and don't come up for sale all too often. If you find an Alabama SSP, you might not want to make it a daily driver. For one thing, you'd have to keep all of the police markings and lights covered up at all times. You could always restore it just short of adding the markings and lights, which is kinda what I did with my CHP so I could drive it as often as possible (I keep the lights covered).

Secondly, you might end up being to scared to drive it around if it is such a rare SSP. I had a S-code (390 cid) Mustang convertible that we fully restored. I was too afraid to drive or park the thing anywhere. It was such a disappointment to have spent all that money on a car that I couldn't drive. We ended up selling it to Dover Downs, who used it as a slot machine grand prize.

You might want to find a SSP from another agency that had a large number of cars in-service (like Florida). You can restore and drive a FHP, TX, or CHP car without the worry of possibly destroying a truly rare SSP.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!