View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 12:09 AM

Default Noob from Shelton, WA

My name is Charles, thus my user name. I am from Washington State, Shelton specifically and currently I have never owned an SSP of any kind. But I am hoping that will change in the near future. After seeing an SSP that is owned by a fellow member from here (RHINO), I decided that an SSP is a must have.

My ultimate goal is to get a 92/93 SSP with the 5 speed gearbox with all available options as soon as my finances allow me to. I am not worried about whether it was a marked/unmarked unit as long as the body is straight and there are no issues with it. I am hoping to find a dark blue one with tinted windows.... there is something about a dark blue car I have always had a soft spot for.

Dont get me wrong, I'd take a marked one with all the correct equipment any day of the week, just as long as its from an agency that is nowhere near where I am at (example: CHP)

I know some basics on them such as to authenticate it as an SSP by the DSO tags under the hood and the 160mph certified calibration speedometer, but I am here to get enough information to determine the quality of the car I'd be acquiring.

What are the tech specs of an SSP in the model years I am looking to get? Like MPG, HP, Top Speed and such?

Anyways, that is a little about me and what my plans are. Thank you for allowing me to become a member here and I hope to learn a lot from you guys here. Just in case you're wondering what my current vehicle is, its a 1995 Crown Victoria ex-police car. It has 2.73s with traclock and is quite peppy when getting on the freeways. I usually get around 400 miles to the tank with it. I know the car is comfortable, but I want something that will handle superbly and be fun to drive.