View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 03:12 PM

Default In Service History Finally !!

I have emailed all over Oregon over the last couple months with no good results! Most dept's were nice enough to respond it was NOT their car so our search continued.

Our day came a couple nights ago when the kids and I found an old oil sticker that looked like day 1, this sticker read Bureau Of Maintenance Po Oregon!!!
The sticker is dated 94 and she only had 20k orig miles.
From there the kids and I hit the web and located a phone # for that precinct. I GOT NO SLEEP THAT NIGHT !!!!!
By the next day at 11am TX time I already had a HUGE smile and more info than I figured we would ever know n her.
purchase date june 26 ,1992
put into service on july 24,1992
retired in aug of 2000
orig plate # SMY 714
confirmed unit # 85655
retired with 76k miles
sold at auction on 4/11/2001
sold at auction to a company called Thornton lease company
auction sold price $3.500
She served 3 precincts while in service , started life at the central dept then moved to the north dept.The north dept then closed/merged with the east dept and she continued her duty there until she was retired.

Confirmed it was in service in the Bimini Blue color and was always used as
unmarked /undercover unit. The show it to be their ONLY undercover mustang unit.

At this point they are going to try and put me in contact with the orig driver and hope to turn up more info/pics and so on. The best thing about the phone call day was finding out they still showed my car in the system!!

She has been doing daily duty here in south tx , future plans and resto depend on my JOB findings?????
I will update with any future info.

1992 PO.Oregon Police, Bimini Blue, Unit #85655,
Plate #SMY174 Unmarked, Served Central,North,
East Precinct until Aug 2000.
1988 Colorado State Patrol,Unit #246,DSO 76, Glenwood Springs CO.