View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 07:25 PM
...Gathering Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by calimustang View Post
Remember I'm not making a lot in financial side like some of you guys so I'm doing my best as possible to make this ssp restored the right way, help me out for good advices such as what's good parts to get and what's not and hopefully i find its service history sometimes soon. This is my first restoration.
Money is one thing, hard work generally is the best for any restoration. You have more appreciation and you know what was done. Take your time and do it right. If there is something that you are not good at get some help (paint and bodywork is generally the most troublesome for many). It sounds like you are getting the mechanical out of the way and working through some of the rough edges. The more you are able to do yourself, the lower the cost will be.

Historical stuff is pretty easy if you know where to look. Carfax is a good source to get started and then call a department and ask if they have a historian or a public relations officer to help you out. They can best direct you to who might be able to help you out. Know the approximate years of service and have a note pad ready to take notes. Keep your notes and photos together so you don't misplace anything and you will be able to get your whole restoration notes and all put together for a great scrapbook of the progress and the adventure that you've had.

Just some of my thoughts from rereading your posts here.