Thread: SSP Interest?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chp1982 View Post
I was more so interested in what everyone's temperature was for the hobby at the moment. The boards have seemed quiet for a while here and a couple other Fox related sites I visit.
I told someone the other day that I was "into" these cars, buying and driving them, before there were ANY websites relating to SSP cars. I will be "into" them when all the original members of the SSP websites have moved on. We have already seen many of the core contributing members get tired of the IBS and move on to something more enjoyable. (to them)

The evolution of the internet with it's positives and negatives have created a world where for some members, the social networking aspect is of most importance to them. If they didn't have their SSP relationships, they probably wouldn't own one of these cars. Then there are the members that are in it for the money. Flipping cars is where they get their enjoyment, chasing the next "big lick" from selling a car for twice what they paid for it two months ago. Some people drove them in service, some wanted to. Some just like spending time with the cars and could be just as happy with these cars and this hobby without ever logging onto the internet at all.

I personally don't care if the prices go up or down. I also don't care if every web site shuts the door and turns the lights off. I am perfectly able to entertain my self in my mid-west barn. I was doing it before the IBS and will be doing it after the IBS.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP