View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 12:19 PM

Default 1993 NE State Patrol SSP

Hey all, new guy here from Iowa. I'd like to tell the story of my 1993 Nebraska State Patrol. This goes back a few years so some of the details are a little fuzzy. My father and I purchased the car directly from the state at their vehicle auction on I believe 15Apr00, but I can't be sure. My dad still has all of the paperwork at his house. I drove the car for the last part of my senior year in high school then shortly after graduation I left for the Army and it was rarely driven and sat in my dad's garage. I am in the process of getting her roadworthy again to be my weekend cruiser.

I kind of feel bad for this car sitting all this time, but at the same time it has been preserved, I may have even saved it from myself. I knew these cars were special but I never knew they had the kind of fallowing they do. I haven't had much luck finding a whole lot of info on the Nebraska cars, but I will keep digging. As it sits right now the only deviations from stock are Ford motorsport plug wires, Pro 5.0 shifter and an Autometer gauge pod to cover the big holes in the middle of the dash. I had big plans as a kid to throw the Maximum Motorsports catalog at it and build a little stroker motor. Now I'm so glad I didn't.

Overall I'd say the car is in pretty good shape for what it is. I know the left rear quarter has been painted and done poorly by the state, but all the panels have matching vin tags on them. The A pillar on the driver side does have a crack at the top near the roof. It looks like it is just the paint but may be the body filler used to make the transition from the roof to the A pillar. It still has the 10 hole wheels and full size spare with the Goodyear tires that were on it when it was sold, the tires are junk though. I can see both buck tags but can't really read them behind the light. Right now it has just over 100k miles on it, I believe I bought it with right around 90k on it.

I hope to get all of the auction paperwork from my dad once he gets back in town. If anyone can point me in the direction of more info on the Nebraska cars I'd appreciate it. Sorry for the long post. Thanks guys.