View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Harley,

1) If you have respect for LEOs and the law as you say, don't post negative remarks about them here.

2) Like Predator said, know the laws in your area.

3) To be completely safe, trailer your car to shows.

4) Pay your fines and use the information you research to avoid any future issues.
+1 well said Imevil

Unless you are LEO and authorized to possess the insignia and blue lights etc. it is best to make sure everything is covered up and non-functional. I have been at several shows where ssp owners bring attention to themselves by constantly having the lights on, sirens chirping etc. when ever the car is moving. I think most people are annoyed by it. Wearing clothing, guns, or any other items that would lead someone to think you are LEO is another no-no. The fact that you may legally possess a CCW permit will still not mesh well if you are also driving a marked police car wearing a STATE POLICE hat.

Sorry about your experience but I realize how the "wet behind the ears rookie" feels when he percieves someone is pretending to be LEO when in fact they are not. The best thing to do is to always follow your state's laws to the letter. If you do that you should never have any trouble showing your car.

That said, welcome and enjoy the site. Many of us are cops and we will help you out as best we can.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP