View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Supreme Allied Commander

Talking

This is an exact match to an 89 SSP that I remember. when I graduated UF I tried selling cars at Fountain Olds-GMC truck, Isuzu, Mitsubishi, dihatsu on the south Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando. There was a retired Hialeah cop that worked there named Al Kettner. He was a great guy and drove an SSP in these EXACT colors, 5 speed, no power equipment, etc. Just the basics. I was unaware about SSP's way back then, I just know the car hauled serious a$$. Al had the lot boy wash the car every Weds. and Sat., it always looked good. Al knew the fleet guy down at his old department and that is how he got the cars. When the 90's rolled in he ordered a Wild Strawberry red metallic SSP with titanium interior and went with power options and the auto. trans. He told me he would sell me the blue one for payoff, it had like 10k miles, he garaged it at home. I didn't know much then, had a payment on the 67 Thunderbird at the time and sucked at selling cars so had low income and couldn't get approved. He sold the car, can't remember to who, etc. and when I left the dealership in December 89 he was driving the really good looking WSR car. I lost touch with him and the car, I often think it would be neat to come across one of them though.
I have somewhere a pic of me in the dealership lot standing next to my Thunderbird. In the space behind me is the blue SSP of Al's. It is a polaroid and I will dig it out, have it scanned and post it up.
Anyway, long winded I know, but just brought back some good memories.
2002 Crown Vic Sport