View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 11:02 AM

Default 3/22/2011 Update

I stopped by the body shop today. They buffed out the paint, which took care of the blemishes that had developed over time. They repaired the original bumper, and it was in the booth to be painted. The tail light will be getting a new lens, which was cracked in the accident.

It's a cell phone picture, and the weather today was dismal outside, but it looks nice. The O D Y ("JOHN'S BODY SHOP" over the doors) reflected in the trunklid kinda captures how it came out.

I'm getting the 5 steel wheels dismounted today (I still had the original spare), and will get three new tires for the front and spare. I plan to re-use the BFG's out back, since they are practically new. I think I will prep the wheels, and then have the tires installed without setting the bead. Then apply the satin black paint. Once that's done, I'll have the bead set and get them balanced with the weights on the inside edge of the rim. Can't wait to get steel wheels and '85 caps back on my four-eyed SSP!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!