View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 02:18 PM
VIN guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Chris, did you ever consult with FoxChassis on the Texas DPS LTDs that were listed on the auction paperwork we used for the VIN Project? There were a few 1984 LTD cars listed with VINs:

2FABP43F8EX153560
2FABP43FXEX153561
2FABP43F1EX153562
1FABP43F8EZ162933

I think one or more of those is probably a Crown Vic (the auction paperwork may not be 100% correct in their descriptions). I do not know how to decode those VINs, but if you can isolate suspected VINs for the LTDs you may be able to figure out how many were batched together. Then you can start searching for those cars like Mick did with the 1983 Arizona DPS Mustang he found through CL ads. You may get lucky...

EDIT: If available, I wonder what a Marti Report or Eminger Invoice would say about a Texas DPS LTD, in terms of the SSP option?
Those VINs are for full-size "Panther" platform LTD Crown Victorias. First dead giveaway for the first three is the 2FA code, meaning they were made in Canada (X = St Thomas). The Fox LTD was made in the USA only. Second dead giveaway is all have a P43 body code. The body code in the VIN for mid-size "Fox" platform LTDs is P39. Any 5.0L (Fox) LTD you see will have a P39M in the VIN. There is no way to tell by the VIN if a P39M is an LTD LX or an LTD SSP. They had the same body code, engine code, and assembly plant.