View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Not necessarily. The seller may have wanted to avoid generating any turmoil had he posted it on the SSP forums. Maybe he purchased it from a forum member and didn't want to be perceived as a flipper. Alas, we may never know his reason(s).
Bill, my sarcasm is not directed towards you here but obviously the seller chose not to offer the car to other members here, and that is his choice to make. Its a shame that some choose not to give members first shot but unfortunatly that is the way $ome people think. Just put it in the back of your mind and beware the GGG goblins. The worst part of it is the $neakine$$ of the whole thing....$ecret$ galore.

I sold 6 ssp cars last year that I had owned for awhile. A couple were restored and a couple needed alot of work. I sold them to fund my GT500. Incredibly, (with small minds being what they are) I was called a flipper. Ignorant comments aside just remember that true enthusiasts buy cars to restore and if they decide to sell for some reason, they offer them to other enthusiasts without focusing soley on the profit margin. Flippers just buy a car, detail it a little, throw on a paint job, call it a "restoration", and then ask double what they paid for it.

Here at net we very seldom ever have any turmoil between our own members. Most of the turmoil caused is when a non contributing member reads something then whines about it elsewhere. We weed them out as we go which makes this a pretty nice place to hang out.

anyway......I spent way to much time on this subject so I am done with this one.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP