Thread: 1989 NHP SSP
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 02:03 PM

Default Great great news everyone check this out!!

We are moving forward(no pun intended). Some items of good news(and a couple of bad) I wanted to share with all of you.

First off the new clutch was installed and the car drives really nice now. The gear shop that did the work looked into the tranny and said it looked fine and there was no need to tear it down. Awesome. Unfortunately the speedo still doesn't work. (

Secondly- I took my car to a more general mechanics shop and while up on the lift look at what was found next to the drivers side muffler.

At the second shop they found some things that will need to be addressed rather soon. The exhaust is rotting off from the rear cats back, my shocks have all seen better days(most of the shocks are leaking fluid), the water pump is leaking, I need to do valve cover and an oil pan gasket. Anyone have any input on the oil pan gasket? Is it hard to do? I don't have a lift at home. Also I was told I will need to find a timing chain cover for when the water pump is replaced. Does this sound legit?

I love my NHP SSP