View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 01:20 PM

Default 1987 Texas DPS M7-524

Back up for sale is my '87 Texas DPS mustang. DSO 57-0234. Unit M7-524.

I bought this car in Donna, TX back in 1999 and drove it until 2003. It has been sitting for almost 7 years here in Birminigham, Alabama, so it needs to be gone through completely. It's a perfect candidate for restoration; it even has the "department-issued" white-paint over the original black/white still.

Yes, it's a real DSO car...Here are the tags from the core-support:

At some point before I had the car, it had been hit in the right-front corner. They straightened out the apron/support and filled the bumper-cover and corner of the hood with bondo. Good news: I am including a new core-support (aftermarket) and near-mint hood off of a '93 coupe! All you would really need is a fender as the extent of the damage is minimal and local to the corner only:

This car needs some TLC and attention. First thing I would do is put the engine on a stand for a rebuild and put the new core-support in. Then cleanup and paint the car. It needs a new carpet, and then install the interior pieces (original and extras included - in blue). Unfortunately, I do not have the T5 transmission anymore, so you would need to find one. I will include the driveshaft and also include everything extra I have that would contribute to this car's restoration. I mght even be able to include a new clutch with it. The factory stainless tailpipes are not on car, but they go with it, along with a catalytic H-pipe (gutted) for the correct look. Also including the full-size sparetire in the trunk and some (RARE) Texas DPS Miranda rights cards which were in the glovebox when I got the car! I just have to find where I hid them away.

I have too many cars and don't see this car getting its deserved attention any time soon. Someone could really make this thing nice but I will only sell to someone for restoration! Shucks, I might like to buy it back sometime down the road!

Since it's a pretty straight body, I would ask $3500 or more if it were running and driving... But since it's a project, I'm asking $1750, including all extra parts I have for it. You pick up in Birmingham, AL.

Email me with any questions you may have or if you'd like specific pictures.

I can be reached at:

matt@specclutch.com or
matt@supernaturalturbo.com