View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 05:27 PM
It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calimustang View Post
I was told that they are correct because i wanted to make sure it's period correct era for early FHP days of late 80s just in case my 89 SSP was a FHP but unconfirmed yet. What equipment was it supposed to have? Jetsonic lightbar that i know of.
The FHP SSP was mine and Doug's (FHP0739) before me. It should not have any deck lights as they were not ran on them until around 1990...this car is a 1988. So if your car is a 1989 you more than likely should not have any deck lights. Check for the holes in the rear deck and that should give you your answer...pending it was not used by another agency when retired from the FHP. The one photographed was used by two other agencies after retired by the state.

From two FHP retired Troopers I have spoke with you were allowed to add lights to your car if you wished. So pending the light on the windshield is period correct one might have seen one on a FHP of that era. Each Troop was a little different as one inservice photo shows a red light on the front of a SSP (I believe it is also on a video for True Stories of the Highway Patrol). A retired LT from FHP told me when he was a new Trooper in the mid 80's they were told if they wanted red lights on their car, go join the fire department...so no cars out of their Troop had red lights.

Mark (Current FHP owner.) does have a correct style lightbar for the car as it was included in the deal. I imagine it will eventually be installed to bring it closer to 100%.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS