Thread: 1982 CHP #0327
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 05:34 AM

Default More 0327 Pics

Since I was still in town, I went back to the body shop yesterday and put in about 4 hours working on 0327. While the Maestro completed straightening, welding, grinding, and priming the repaired damage to the lower portion of the radiator mount (visible in first photo below, left lower corner), I removed most of all the body parts that can be removed: taillights, rear bumper cover, impact bar, sail panels, gas filler cover, wipers, cowl cover, cowl trim, and hood scoop. All that is left are the trunk lid, hood, and doors. All will be removed and stripped, straightened, primed and painted. It looks pretty unrecognizable with so much removed, at least from the front and back.
It's a small body shop, but they are really old school when it comes to attention to detail. All removed metal fasteners are tumbled and look new when done. Brackets, metal assemblies removed are sandblasted and treated, looking like new. I think 0327 will be ready for a museum when done.
0327 itself will be scrubbed clean, all rusted areas treated and primed, then painted and reassembled. Might even be ready to drive to the Ripon Emergency Vehicle show the first week of October.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (53.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 002.JPG (133.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (44.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpeg 004.JPEG (316.6 KB, 26 views)