Thread: MCA Question
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonafide View Post
Unless you have a list of the actual equipment standards from the person who was in charge of purchasing for each individual vehicle/fleet - then allow for changes from suppliers and manufacturers per order as well as year to year - then it's not me publishing the misinformation or incorrect data.

I do equipment ordering for my agency, and at times it's absolutely impossible to duplicate equipment orders and configs to our agency standard.
CHP ordered a "pilot car" SSP mustang every year. One car ordered to their specs that was built, shipped, and inspected prior to them ordering the rest of the cars for the fleet. I have the ORIGINAL documents in my possession. EVERY car was equipped FROM THE MANUFACTURER the same. Upon arrival the cars were inspected by motor transport for compliance to ordering specs then sent down the CHP assembly line to be equipped. A perfect example of "exact equipment standard" would be the CCI light controller. It was manufactured by Federal Signal exclusively for CHP. That is about as exact an equipment standard as you can get. If you want to contact my personal friend that has worked at CHP motor transport for over 25 years let me know.

I also order equipment for my agency, including cars. I don't accept cars delivered that are out of specs or not what I ordered.

in your original post you wrote "no agency has ever had an exact equipment standard for any of their in service cars." Your statement is incorrect, period, and the fact that you order equipment in 2009 has no bearing or relevence to what CHP has done for decades. I was merely correcting your mistatement nothing more.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP