View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOstang View Post
While we all know variations were common, my understanding is MN installed triple red lights (supposedly the same light both front and rear) from a now defunct company (out of Michigan if memory serves me correct). I'm not aware of any closeup pics on what they look like, but that would be the key to trying pinning down the eact look/dimensions/etc.
Mike, the photo that Jody K. took of the headliner header panel (from your Fotki album) showing where the lights were attached, clearly shows bracket holes approximately 8"-9" apart, so I don't think the triple lights were used on this particular car (no holes present at the time of the photo at the 15" length mark). I know from your documentation that the MSP told you they remember using triple sticks on the SSPs, but the evidence does not support that for this SSP (I suppose it's possible that they could have switched out the metal trim panel when they switched from the triple stick lights to the shorter twin light and that would explain the lack of holes in the photo for a 15" long light). Also the gray SSP photo (from Maroon Cruisers site) where I found out where to mount the radar antenna above the windshield on the passenger side shows a twin halogen light about 8-9 inches in length (Jay S. thought that photo was taken in 1991). I'm not trying disparage your thorough documentation on the MN SSPs, but just trying to get my SSP to be as close to authentic as possible. Your hard work and vital contacts have been of great help in restoring this SSP to in-service specs.

1979 2.3 Turbo Pace Car
1989 5.0 LX Convertible
1993 5.0 LX SSP (Nevada Highway Patrol)
2018 2.7 F-150 XLT 4X4 Supercrew