Thread: paint opinion's
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 12:36 PM
...Gathering Parts

Ok, I thought that there was no FI until 1986 for SSP's. Good info that I've learned.

Superdan, you definitely have to be careful on what you say and how since you will be responsible for any activity with your car if you are restoring it to an in-service look. Understand that you can only show the vehicle in it's marked condition and with the lights and such only during a sanctioned event, not everyday. People get the wrong impression at times and you need to be aware. If this is too much responsibility for this project, then paint it black and try to get it back to the way it was when delivered minus the emergency equipment.

If and when you ask OSP, you need to find a historian. Make sure you ask for that person or someone in OSP that would normally have that type of information since you are trying to do research on one of their former Mustangs. That is a good starting point. If you have troopers that you know, it wouldn't hurt to ask them if they know about those cars or if they know someone that did use them while in service or even the fleet garage if they had anyone that used to work on them. You can ask them about what was normally used in their cars (electronics, emergency lighting, etc), what were some common things that they had as equipment in the trunk (flares, cones, whatever). Where there programs that made use of these cars or were they just a normal patrol rotation...and I'm sure you can think of a few more.

A final suggestion and please don't take offense when I say this, make sure if you are doing any written or typed correspondence with the departments, refrain from your "texting" based responses that you are doing here on the board and fully type out and make sure you spell everything correctly and use good grammar. If someone in a department gets something of the texting type lingo, they won't take you seriously. I know because I field requests like this with the Museum that I am a board member of.

Good luck.