View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac88chp View Post
The flash setup in that video must have been a SoCal thing, I'd never seen anything like it in other parts of the state. Normally, you'd see the the red/blues alternating (left blue & right red/right blue & left red) and the arrow stick alternating (four outside ambers/four inside ambers) like in this shot from Sacto:
Well, here's what I remember...

On the GE RANGR heads, I "think" pressing the amber button once will activate the outside ambers in a wig/wag pattern (only the single outside) and the blues on simultaneous flash...yep, just like the one in the video. Pressing the amber button again, or pressing it twice when activating it, will give you the red/blue alternating with the 'in-out' full amber pattern.

Now that I reflect on it though, that pattern may have been activated by the single press of the RED button, which was a one-touch 'traffic stop' button. It was either the RED or the *RED that would activate the minimal rear pattern and the solid red front for traffic stops. Damn...I'm getting old and the memory is going...

Anyway, that was an approved pattern and it was in ALL the RANGR control heads. I just don't remember know exactly which keypress activated it.

Incidentally, has anyone else noticed the new version of the CHP deck lights with only one blue on the drivers side and one red on the passenger side? The single blue flashes with the amber 6-bulb arrowstick on 'normal' activities, and the single red flashes with the amber for their 'red' activities. It sort of makes the whole car look out of balance!! Until I figured that out, I wondered why so many of their cars had a bulb burned out or a bad flasher!!!! LOL

*Firefighter, CAL FIRE
*Former Peace Officer, 14 years
*Former Mustang owner
*Former police Camaro driver (liked my personal
Mustang better!)

*Rank amateur source of useless information about
California lights, sirens, and radios