View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 10:39 AM
Max Wedge

Default my 2 cents

Hi guys going chime in... A while back ago my son and I were having a discussion about my projects I had.. some had motors missing , complete interiors missing etc... My son was telling me about a dream car he would love to own.. it happened to be a Mitsubishi Evolution its a pretty popular Non American car that these kids today love... He was telling me how cool and fast they were with only 4 cylinders and a turbo.. I fired my first torpedo and said to him they are just way to expensive then he replied and said that he would like to find a used one.. I thought I had him with my follow up answer " well if we find a used one we need to make sure its not been crashed or have a rebuilt title".. his response was I know dad I don't want one wrecked and then put back together... And I said your right... He then added so what's the difference with your projects... Some have been damaged and need full restorations?? I replied the title son its clean and clear.. no branding they are not shown as damaged in the title.. afterwards I thought about what he said... And he was sort of right all this time I defended cars that should have been in the grave yard because they were complete projects I totally looked down at a car that had some minor damage but because it would cost more than the value to fix up and would carry a salvage title I did not even want to bother to deal with.. today if I am happy with the way the car looks and drives that is acceptable in my book.. after all you got to be happy with your ride first..