Thread: 89 LX 5.0 AOD
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 07:49 PM

Thank you. I really is not a bad car. It is not perfect but it is 25 years old. It was driven daily and then parked for 3 years. After running it today it really needs brakes. The rotors shimmy when they get warmed up and I feel they could be better. I figured the car would get 5 lug swapped anyway. And the other thing is I think the steering rack needs to be replaced. It turns good and everything but on the passenger side the wheel has movement in and out and it is not the tie rod unless the tie rod goes into the rack thru the boot but I think the tie rod goes to the threaded part of the rack. Ball joints are solid. I've pulled the smog pump out and cleaned all the valves and pulled the mesh out from under the pcv valve. That was a chore and that thing was completely clogged. I had to unroll it and clean it with throttle body cleaner, rolled it back up after I cleaned the housing and installed a new PCV. Who's idea was that to put that thing in there and to put the PCV where it is a PITA to get to it. Anyway, the title is in my hands ready to go.